Hey,
    I recently just switched over to the bold from a curve 8310 (rogers canada). I use google maps tons, and recently it seems to have stopped working properly. I actually use Poynt most, but it never locks onto my gps anymore, or rarely, and never quickly. Googles not as bad, but same thing it seems it has a hard time lockin on, whereas it used to be quick. I thought thuis would go away when I got the bold, as the curve was old. But no. Any suggestions? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:02 PM
    Go outside, go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS and refresh the GPS.
    03-04-09 12:05 PM
    Works fine outdoors although it might take a while depending on cloud cover
    Mine never gets a lock on indoors so don't fret

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:09 PM
    newbie bump...

so cloud cover can throw off the gps location by almost two miles? it's cloudier than all get out here in the nyc metro area, so i'm hoping that the weather is the cause of my issues.

(1.9262507 miles, to be exact. i was able to use the berry unit converter because the google maps gps bubble was 1300 meters in circumference.)

i just updated to .266 and was wondering if that could affect my gps. i've refreshed the gps numerous times and it doesn't get any more accurate.
    06-18-09 12:05 PM
    I would think buildings blocking direct satellite coverage would effect it more than clouds.
    06-18-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD