ok, searched this forum and appears most people think the GPS on the 9330 is just fine. but, on mine it works more like cell tower triangulation, not GPS. I have never seen it show the location closer than about a mile away.

What's my problem?
    12-10-10 07:01 PM
    Are you located in a building?are you looking at what it says in options or on google maps? Because if I go into options it is way off but if I use google maps its usually within 4 meters!
    Like right now in options it says I am 3.4 km away from where I am and on google maps it is within 25 meters.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisesau; 12-10-10 at 08:22 PM.
    12-10-10 08:20 PM
    I am using Google Maps and it shows me about a mile away from my true location. I am in my mobile home right now, but even when outside I don't think it is accurate.

Will test it in a bit to make sure and will post back with results.

I did enable the GPS in Options, but where are you looking in Options that shows you your location?
    12-11-10 10:04 AM
    Ok, opened Google Maps and set the phone by the window, and after a few minutes it had a GPS lock accurate to within 6 meters. Close enough I think. Guess it just isn't strong enough to locate indoors.

thanks all for the help.
    12-11-10 10:39 AM
    in options I am running OS6 so it might be different.
    I go Options--Device--Location settings-- then BB button and refresh location. Then it gives u a street address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 05:10 PM
    Nope, not one of the options on my device. Running OS5.

How is OS6? Stable? Good for everyday usage?
    12-12-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD