Hi guys,

So for some odd reason my GPS is not working at all. I thought it was just a one time instance so I did a battery pull a month ago. When I tried to use it again (Blackberry Traffic and Google Maps), it says "GPS unavailable" on google maps and "searching for GPS" on BB Traffic

My data is working perfectly. I have disabled and enabled the GPS module and still nothing. Did couple of battery pulls and still nothing. Any ideas?
    12-21-11 06:33 PM
    Go into Options/Device/GPS press the blackberry button and check if it finds the location and number of satelites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-11 08:00 AM
    Well as of right now it finds my locations and has 4 satellites. But last night when I was downtown it said my GPS was unavailable and could not find me on the map.

So this is happening rather frequently now.
    12-23-11 10:43 AM
    Refresh OS?
    12-23-11 11:41 AM
    Hoping not to do that....is there anything else I can try?
    12-23-11 06:57 PM
    I have two phones with this problem. My 9300 and my 9700 both will not connect to a GPS signal. The last week or so I've even been in the engineering screen of the 9700 to try and hard reset the settings and/or play with them to try and get it to work. No luck, though.

I have a question. If I'm only using WiFi (there's no SIM card in the 9700) it will still update the GPS (ephemeris) data, right?
    03-28-12 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD