My GPS isn't working. I thought that maybe it was in the area I was in, but just got finished setting up neighbors new storm, and his works. So I will be heading to Verizon here shortly to see about new phone. Now what about 3rd party apps I paid for? Won't it be a different phone, meaning a different pin? Will the apps work (still have activation #s)?

And yes, I went into options and enabled my GPS.
    06-01-09 05:04 PM
    You'll have to work that out with the vendor(s) of the App(s) in question. My experience in the past has been that some will port the activation #s over for you (so they work on the new device) and others will not. I'm fairly new to BBs and Apps (though I'm a Palm Pro at it) but when I upgrade my OS (and wipe the device) I can 'login' to BB App World and it will show me the Apps I've already purchased and let me download them again for free. Not sure if that carries over between devices or not, though.
    06-01-09 05:06 PM
    Have you rebooted (battery pull) your machine since enabling GPS?

I've never bought a third party GPS product so I can't help you there.

Also, are you using BB Maps to test the GPS services? If not, you should as it it the default and built in app for gps.

don't forget inside of BB Maps to hit BB Menu > Start GPS Navigation and give it some time to aquirre sats.
    06-01-09 05:46 PM
    The GPS on my third storm doesn't work either. Neither did mass storage mode when I initially got the thing. Both worked out of the box on my first two storms.

I fixed the mass storage issue with a patch, does anyone know of anything similar for GPS? I do recall reading a procedure somewhere but it was insanely complex and needed lots of (PC) software to mess with the guts of the thing...
    06-01-09 06:25 PM
    Heck if I know what is going on.....it's working. I have always done battery pulls and everything. Oh well.
    06-01-09 08:24 PM
    I had to call verizon and spend 30 minutes on the phone with them to get my navigation working.
    06-01-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD