Hi there guys.

So i am after a mileage tracking GPS program. I have the 8310 so i have the build in GPS unit. I do not need it for navigation as i have the stand alone garmin. but i would absolutly love to have some program that will just track my mileage and store it on the phone/sd card where i export it into excel.

Please let me know of any software out there or if one of you can create it for me.

Thank you very much for ure support on this matter
    03-29-08 12:22 AM
    I have used handheld GPS units from Garmin and they support what is called Tracks. You can download those tracks to your computer. If your Garmin supports it, that is an option.

I can think of 2 options on the BB and both are free. One is GPSed at http://www.gpsed.com/ and another is Blackberry Tracker at http://blackberrytracker.com/

Both these programs create tracks of your trip and allow for uploading to a website. GPSed shows your track and gives you the distance travelled. You can also export your track as a GPX or KML file which can import into other GPS programs or Google Earth. Blackberry Tracker shows you track points on a map and you can export to KML for Google Earth.

I'd suggest checking out GPSed first since I think it gives you what you want. The track points aren't on your SD card but on the web but maybe it's what you need.

I went and took a quick look at a page I previously bookmarked - http://brentmeganowen.tripod.com/blackberry.htm

There's a commercial program at http://www.skylab-mobilesystems.com/...lackberry.html which seems to save tracks to your SD card. It costs $24.

Hope that helps.
    03-29-08 08:17 AM
    I have used handheld GPS units from Garmin and they support what is called Tracks. You can download those tracks to your computer. If your Garmin supports it, that is an option.

I can think of 2 options on the BB and both are free. One is GPSed at Map your tracks and photos, share your position | Mobile GPS Tracking Service and another is Blackberry Tracker at Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

Both these programs create tracks of your trip and allow for uploading to a website. GPSed shows your track and gives you the distance travelled. You can also export your track as a GPX or KML file which can import into other GPS programs or Google Earth. Blackberry Tracker shows you track points on a map and you can export to KML for Google Earth.

I'd suggest checking out GPSed first since I think it gives you what you want. The track points aren't on your SD card but on the web but maybe it's what you need.

I went and took a quick look at a page I previously bookmarked - Blackberry GPS Software

There's a commercial program at MobileTracker for BlackBerry� Wireless Handheld which seems to save tracks to your SD card. It costs $24.

Hope that helps.
    I actually have used both of those programs. gpsed is nice for tracking your routes, however i am after tracking my mileage. I own a service based business and to have the ability to easily track my mileage with my phone automaticly would be fantastic.

Thank for your input thought. I never knew about the tripod site. wish i would have earlier. it would have saved me a couple seaches hehe
    03-29-08 10:53 AM
    I actually have used both of those programs. gpsed is nice for tracking your routes, however i am after tracking my mileage. I own a service based business and to have the ability to easily track my mileage with my phone automaticly would be fantastic.
    On GPSed for each saved track it shows the distance traveled. Isn't that the mileage you are looking for?

A track = mileage as far as I would be concerned. The commercial program I referenced would do the same thing - save your track at a frequency you specify.
    03-29-08 11:00 AM
    Perhaps you should check out MyMileageGenie at MyMileageGenie.com. It should about do what you are looking for and works with 8310 devices.
    07-04-08 06:48 AM
    Now there is a better way to keep track of mileage for expense reimbursment. Go to MyMileaegGenie to download a free trial copy. It runs on Blackberry and allows you to "Punch In" at the beginning of the day and "Punch Out" at the end of the day. MyMileageGenie keep tack of the your mileage for you, and at the end of the month you can even submit an expense report in Excel or .CSV format. It doesn't get any easier that this.
    07-14-08 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD