Hello, I just got the bold a few days ago and I have downloaded google maps for it. Google maps always says "waiting for GPS" and when I go look at the GPS in settings it says its on but the Latitude and Longitude both remain at 0 even after refreshing. So does this mean AT&T locked it to only their program or is there something I have to do to make it work?

I looked but couldn't find this exact thing posted yet, but I hope I'm not mistaken.
    11-30-08 07:04 PM
    Don't know. I've turned mine off after it stopped working period when I got .190 which is what I think caused it... if dropping my berry onto asphalt from 3 feet killed the GPS.........
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 12-01-08 at 12:00 AM.
    11-30-08 11:58 PM
    I downloaded the garmin 7 day trial and the gps has worked perfectly so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 12:15 AM
    If you are asking if ATT Navigator uses GPS on your Bold proprietary....the answer is NO. You may use other GPS programs.
    12-01-08 12:34 AM
    it doesn't work too well inside either, you have to be outside for the bold to catch the satellites
    12-01-08 12:42 AM
    Make sure you are outside to get a lock at first.

The GPS should work with any application that needs GPS.
    12-01-08 07:47 AM
    Yes, make sure you are outside. Go to Settings>Options>Advanced Options>GPS. Hit the Blackberry/Menu button and select refresh GPS. I use Google Maps and it works fine. No turn by turn, but it gets you around.
    12-01-08 07:56 AM
    Works great with BB Maps & Google maps using my unlocked Bold via T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 08:15 AM
    I used Google Maps using the Navigator 1-month trial...I went on a trip to San Diego the other weekend and was riding on a city bus where I didn't know the destination. The GPS feature saved my posterior.

I do plan on canceling the monthly Navigator coverage and getting the Garmin software, which is a one-time $100 cost for the app.
    Last edited by Elsongs; 12-01-08 at 01:06 PM.
    12-01-08 12:46 PM
    i think like Johnmidnight said, it may have to do with the fact that i upgraded to .190 No matter what program I try to use the GPS doesn't respond. I think I will try going back to the original os to see if that fixes it.
    12-01-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD