Hi All:
    1st post & new BB user. I have a BB pearl-flip 8230 from Bell Mobility Cda., on OS 4.6. I need to get GPS lat/lon corodinates, but unable to do so. I get my location and GPS navigation works. I installed GPSed but cannot start the app. on my phone - there is no Icon for it.
    I appreciate any help you can give to get the GPS data or use GPSed.

08-21-09 10:43 AM
    You might want to look into either Gpglogger or Blackstar. Both are discussed in threads in this forum. Now, how they work with your unit and what your carrier permits as far as gps info is a separate issue. For instance, verizon locks the gps and so those apps need a bluetooth gps unit with older BB's.
    08-21-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks, I removed GPSed & installed GPSlogger. But as with GPSed, I don't see an Icon or anything on how to start/use this app. Please give me a hint. I'v set all permissions to allow.
    08-22-09 06:54 AM
    I don't know about your device so there may be something about it.

There should be an icon - the gpslogger one looks like a globe in the upper right with a clipboard image overlaying it on the lower left.

Check to make sure you are not hiding icons. Press BB Menu button and SHOW-ALL. Check in subfolders.

You can also check in OPTIONS, Advanced, Applications to see if it was installed.
    08-22-09 09:57 AM
    Thank you for your help. I found the app. icon. It was downloaded into the 'downloads' folder. Now I know. Problem resolved.
    08-28-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD