I have GPSLogger on my phone that I use while running. Upon setting it up and sitting in the house I noticed that the GPS location would jump all over sitting still. I exported a run into Google Earth one day and it was for the most part on the route it just would jump all over. Looking at it it have jumping from the middle of one house on the right side of the road to the backyard of another on the opposite side.

Tried out GolfLogix free one day trial of their Blackberry app this Sunday and noticed the same thing. Sitting at the tee box it would jump up and down 10 yards while just sitting there. You never knew what the yardage was as it never settled down no matter how long it sat.

Anyone else notice this or do I just happen to have a poor GPS in my phone?

EDIT: I don't know why this got moved. I'm not asking a question about the software, I feel it is a hardware issue of the 8350i. Please put it back in the 8350i forum.
    Last edited by lancer1991; 04-12-10 at 04:00 PM.
    04-12-10 09:39 AM
    Same thing here, bro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 05:52 PM
    I have no experience with other Blackberry's and GPS, you think it is an 8350i and OS issue or just the nature of GPS quality on a phone? I read through comments on some of the software and never noticed anyone say the data wasn't accurate, so thinking it is our phone.
    04-13-10 08:39 AM
    I tried pulling in some files from another OS that were listed under GPS in the "Blackberry.apx" in the loader files folder. It didn't help a thing, so must be the hardware in these phones.

This is what I pulled into the phone:

<fileset GPS="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_supl_app.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__en.cod

<fileset GPS="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__pt.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__pt_BR.cod
    04-20-10 12:19 PM
    How jumpy is "jumpy"? The GPS will provide a location within xx ft accuracy. That accuracy is based on the number of satellites and quality of signal. Typically GPS with good signal will give a 30 ft accuracy. So that means if you are standing still, most of the readings you get should be within 30 ft of your location. That is what gives it the jumpy look.

But if you are jumping as in the coords are miles apart, it could be defective GPS
    04-21-10 02:25 PM
    How jumpy is "jumpy"? The GPS will provide a location within xx ft accuracy. That accuracy is based on the number of satellites and quality of signal. Typically GPS with good signal will give a 30 ft accuracy. So that means if you are standing still, most of the readings you get should be within 30 ft of your location. That is what gives it the jumpy look.

But if you are jumping as in the coords are miles apart, it could be defective GPS
    Using GPSLogger, I traveled 354 ft in 30 seconds sitting still, is that normal? Looking at the yardage on a free Golf app I went as much as a 25 yard swing sitting still.

Google Maps will tell me the accuracy and when it locks from the GPS it usally says 3 meters, when pulling from the cell towers (I assume) it will say 100 meters or less.

So, I can understand accuracy where it may show me off the road when I'm on it, but when sitting still it shows me moving, that is what I'm having an issue with.
    04-21-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD