I have had my curve for more than a month now and i love it. But, as of the last couple of weeks, my gps doesn't work. In google maps i can only get the cell triangulation and when i goto advanced options and try to refresh gps it never picks up any satellites. i do this outside and in places that it used to work. i still have the stock tmo os, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-26-09 12:25 AM
    Did you try a battery pull on your device? If not that might be all you need to do. What you are explaining is the things you need to do to get the GPS signal from the satellites. An OS upgrade probably won't hurt, you should also get improved battery life in doing so.

Please let us know what you try and if any of it works/doesn't work.
    02-26-09 12:46 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Running .133 also have tried batt pulls. Still no luck it works when it wants 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:00 PM
    i have tried a battery pull to no avail......and i can't update the os cause i have a mac.....and won't have access to a pc i can use for atleast a month . i wouldn't think it was the os because it used to work...i'm guess is there a setting that some app could have tweaked?
    02-26-09 09:16 PM
    You can try changing the Location Aiding option in the GPS settings. Not sure if that is going to do anything, more of a shot in the dark since you are going to have trouble getting the OS updated. Give that a shot and please let us know how it goes.
    02-26-09 10:17 PM
    i disabled it and still nothing.....i guess i just have to wait till i get my hands on a pc. Any ideas as to when us mac users can update by ourselves? surely RIM must realize that a lot of bb users also are mac users....
    02-27-09 03:35 PM
    1. Battery Pull.
    2. Options/Advanced/ GPS, menu, RefreshGPS; Then give it anything upto 30 minutes even out in the open with a clear view of the sky before you decide its not working.

@boomjam, you already did all of this...

If this doesn't work it's an immediate warranty claim before you get out of your no-questions exchange period. The hardware is failed.
    02-27-09 04:26 PM
    Ok. I think I figured it out. I had geotagging on the camera turned on so I tried turning it off and bingo it works good as ever. I wonder if this is a known issue?
    03-02-09 12:39 PM
    Ok. I think I figured it out. I had geotagging on the camera turned on so I tried turning it off and bingo it works good as ever. I wonder if this is a known issue?
    I have geotagging on in the camera and my gps also works with Garmin, Google Maps, etc.

Don't think that's the answer, boomjam ... but if it works for you ...
    03-09-09 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD