This is royally messed up. Google maps doesnt get a lock unless i do that stupid switch to gsm, get a lock, switch back to 1XEV thing, which is ******** and unneccesary. and BB maps doesnt work, theres no goddamn map. It shows me a route, and gives me the address of my location, but theres no map, the background is blank..... wtf is going on?
    07-27-09 12:55 AM
    Just checked, BB Maps works fine for me. My GPS is set to E911 & Network to 1XEV. Maybe you need to reinstall something?

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:01 AM
    Google Maps sucks compared to BB Maps.
    07-27-09 04:26 AM
    I have no trouble with either of these. It takes about 20 seconds to lock which is far better than my 8900 was. OP, I assune you've tried a battery pull?

07-27-09 05:02 AM
    there's tons of threads on this already, it's an issue that google needs to fix. Try searching 'telus gps'
    07-27-09 06:05 AM
    my sprint navigation has yet to receive a gps signal.
    07-27-09 08:01 AM
    Just checked, BB Maps works fine for me. My GPS is set to E911 & Network to 1XEV. Maybe you need to reinstall something?

~X

u are my hero thank u so much, i called telus 500 times and they couldnt figure it out. When i switched gps to e911 bb maps is working now. Thanks alot

and ya i know about the whole telus maps thing not working, hopefully google gets it fixed soon.
    07-27-09 01:39 PM
    For Verizon i haven't had a problem with Gmaps. I prefer it over BB maps i find it responds quicker.

Interesting side not is that when i was just using google maps it could find me withing about 2km.. but when i activated latitude i'm within 3 meters most of the time
    07-27-09 02:03 PM
    wierd i just tried activating latitude didnt work for me
    07-27-09 02:13 PM
    I was getting frustrated with this too, but it seems like it's working fine now. I've had my Tour for about a week, and the other day it acquired the GPS signals real fast on both BB maps and on Google Maps. I was messing with G Maps, and it seems like a pretty neat app; I found a lot of local stuff and the navigation feature works just fine for what I need it to do. It wasn't acquiring sats at ALL when I first got it- I thought something was screwed up too. But it's working just fine now.
    07-27-09 03:25 PM
    This is royally messed up. Google maps doesnt get a lock unless i do that stupid switch to gsm, get a lock, switch back to 1XEV thing, which is ******** and unneccesary. and BB maps doesnt work, theres no goddamn map. It shows me a route, and gives me the address of my location, but theres no map, the background is blank..... wtf is going on?
    I am having the same problem as arekieh. BB maps will lock my location to an address and show a line representing a route for directions, but there is no map. It is just a blank grey/light purple screen. I don't understand why switching from "location on" to "E911" would fix the BB maps application. Arekieh's post is the ONLY example I have found of this weird BB Maps error after scouring google and these forums for days. Nobody else has this same issue? By the way my OS and all apps are up to date...

Verizon
    Tour 9630
    07-28-09 02:53 PM
    Here's exactly what I did.
    Uninstall BB Maps > switch to E911 > reinstall BB Maps > switch back to location on

07-28-09 02:56 PM
    WOW arekieh you are a life saver... works perfectly! Thanks a lot for the fix
    07-28-09 03:20 PM
    No problem. Glad it worked for you too. I was getting pretty pissed that even the default maps wouldn't work

07-28-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD