it might be my area, but is google maps accuracy only within 2200m normal???? cause WOW that doesn't help at all !
    or maybe there is a different download?
    I downloaded off the link on this site and it seems to work alright but just NOT ACCURATE !
    PLEASE HELP !
    thanks to everyone that reads !
    12-16-09 06:27 PM
    When in satelite view it puts the blue dot on my roof within 15 feet.
    I'm on Sprint in the Detoilet area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 06:50 PM
    2200 meter accuracy would indicate that it is using cell tower triangulation and not GPS.

This is a issue with the way that Google Maps interfaces with the GPS chip on the 8330. There's not much you can do about it.

One trick is to start BBMaps first and get a satellite lock there and then leave BBMaps open and switch to Google Maps. My experience with Google Maps on the 8330 was that it continuously lost the GPS signal. Better to use BBMaps in this situation until you upgrade to another device such as the Tour or the Storm.
    12-16-09 06:56 PM
    thanks for the help motorcycle mamma i'll try it
    is bb maps pretty much the same?
    i was just told to download this one from a freind?
    12-16-09 09:14 PM
    The Latest Google maps version 3.2.1 FIXES the gps issues with the 8330m I have accuracy within 5 meters on mine.
    12-17-09 06:58 AM
    i have that version but i think my main issue is F$%^ing TELUS !
    tried all sorts of things but no results, but thanks to all helping comments thus far and hopefully i'll figure it out !
    12-20-09 11:30 PM
    I have an 8330 with Bell but before I got it I spoke to all the carriers and they (Bell, Rogers, and Telus) all confirmed to me that GPS should work just fine with Google Maps on Blackberries so I don't think it's a Telus issue.
    12-21-09 01:10 AM
    Yes it is, there's a large thread with a fix on howard forums, Telus has crippled the GPS so you have to pay for Telus navigator. Bell, surprisingly have not crippled it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD