Hello People,
    I have just purchased a BOLD 9000 and am waiting for it to arrive. Can anyone tell me if you need to subscibe to internet access to use these functions or are they pre installed and can be used without internet access. im sorry if this is a stupid question but i suppose im a bit stupid.
    ps. what can i expect when it arrives? good phone or not? i have a pearl at the moment. how much better is it?
    cheers
    nick
    Last edited by lancsfirerescue; 02-08-09 at 10:37 AM. Reason: TITLE CHANGE
    02-08-09 10:27 AM
    I'm new myself-just received my bold 9000, the maps where installed and internet access is not requir

Almost sounds like like i know what i'am talking about. spent the last three days playing with my new toy
    02-08-09 10:35 AM
    Thanks For That Mate What Are The Gps Fuctions Like?
    Do You Like The Phone?
    Should I Be Getting Excited?
    02-08-09 10:40 AM
    I got mine two days ago. My opinion is probably bias because I'm upgrading from a razr and I've never been much of a pda/mobile guy, but the bold is amazing. The keyboard only took me a few hours to get used to, and the screen res is high. I thought going from dual 22" LCD screens on my computer to a tiny screen would be painful even for basic tasks, but it's nice.

As for GPS, I have AT&T navigator which is good, definitely better than me trying to find directions on my own but when I'm in my own town, I noticed that I know more efficient ways to get around than by following navigator. It's $10/mo after the trial expires, but I might stick to Google Maps. It's free and the only thing navigator has over it is turn by turn directions.

As for browsing the web, it's really good, but personally if this was the main reason I was planning on using the device, I would of gone with an iphone. Safari/long screen/touch is superior for browsing, IMO. Though you can't go wrong with a bold really.
    02-08-09 11:24 AM
    Gps would work by data. Google maps too.
    If u don't have a data plan, I guess the carrier would charge on a as-u-use basis
    Definitely a good phone
    I moved from curve to bold.
    Love every moment of it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 12:05 PM
    There are a few free GPS apps for the BB that have turn-by-turn voice navigation. I'm using amAzegps.com , and there is also Nav4all. The maps are dynamically loaded from the internet, so you better have a data plan to play it safe.
    02-08-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD