Which program would you suggest for golf courses. I have looked at the store, but would like feed back from people using different apps. How do these compare to actual GPS for golf devices.
    06-23-09 08:48 AM
    bbgpsgolf.com free and just as accurate as skycaddie etc.
    06-23-09 08:57 AM
    I was interested in the GPS for golf as well. Do you find that its fast enough on EDGE. I have the 8900 with t-mobile so unfortantly no 3G devices yet. I really do not want to slow down play on the course
    06-23-09 09:25 AM
    I have used bbgpsgolf (free), intelligolf (upfront $$ to purchase) and greenfinder (trial of 5 rounds then $30/year subscription fee). I prefer and use on a regular basis greenfinder. Accurate and haven't been to a course that wasn't mapped. Very accurate as well. Gives fairway readings as well to things like right bunker, end of fairway, etc. To me, it is well worth the small fee not to hassle with mapping courses. I would rather be on the course rather than mapping the course with google earth.
    06-23-09 09:58 AM
    bbgpsgolf.com free and just as accurate as skycaddie etc.
    I have been trying to download this with the OTA link and keep getting download failed....any suggestions?
    06-23-09 10:55 AM
    I use Greenfinder and it works great. I compared it to the skycaddy and this work better i think plus its alot cheaper. well worth the $30. Join the blackberry owners lounge and you get a discount when you buy green finder
    06-23-09 02:40 PM
    I have been trying to download this with the OTA link and keep getting download failed....any suggestions?
    Yes. Go to the web site and download the latest version as a zip. Unzip the file and then use Desktop Manager to install the program.

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone
    06-23-09 09:35 PM
    Another vote for BBGPSGolf. Developer very responsive and constantly improving it. Latest version lets you download courses to your SD card (thus is done via computer) so connection speed does not matter. Option of using it via the network is still there if needed. Also, very easy to map a course if it hasn't already been done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:29 PM
    I use GreenFinder and it works great. Professionally created course distances including distances through fairways, over bunkers, etc. Works well on Storm, only issue I had was sometimes the GPS would lock up when I was in a low/no CDMA signal area. Not sure why this was happening since GreenFinder only uses the data network when it starts up. Anyway I fixed it by changing the following settings under mobile networks:
    Data Services: Off when roaming
    Network Technology: 1XEV

These setting won't bother you for regular services unless you leave the country or turn up in the boondocks of New Mexico where there is probably no service anyway!
    06-24-09 02:34 PM
    I use greenfinder as well. $20 a year. Well worth it to me.
    06-24-09 04:28 PM
    where do I find Green Finder in the apps store.
    06-28-09 09:04 AM
    BlackBerry Connection Newsletter - Owners Lounge Edition

You want to go to the BlackBerry owners lounge, sign up for free and then you get a 50% discount off of GreenFinder.
    06-28-09 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry Connection Newsletter - Owners Lounge Edition

You want to go to the BlackBerry owners lounge, sign up for free and then you get a 50% discount off of GreenFinder.
    not showing up when i log into to the lounge
    06-28-09 10:55 AM
    where do I find Green Finder in the apps store.
    Not in App World from what I can tell, go to GreenFinder Golf GPS for your SmartPhone
    They offer a free trial.
    06-28-09 12:02 PM
    not showing up when i log into to the lounge
    It is in the Sports section. You can type in GreenFinder in the 'Search Site' box at the top right of the web page on the BlackBerry Owners Lounge or click on the link below.

BlackBerry Owners Lounge - Login
    06-30-09 08:16 AM
    i tried to download bbgpsgolf and it failed

"907 Invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file"

anyone have any advice as to what I need to do?
    07-01-09 02:14 PM
    i tried to download bbgpsgolf and it failed

"907 Invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file"

anyone have any advice as to what I need to do?
    Yes. See post #7 above.

Make sure to visit the BBGPSGolf web site forums for help and any quesitons you have:

The forum above will have answer to over 90% of all questions.

If you are getting a 907 invalid COD when trying to install then please try the Desktop Manager install:

Last edited by CigarDad; 07-02-09 at 11:35 AM.
    07-02-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD