I have a Verizon Storm, running .122. Upgraded .75 to .113 to .122. Everything works great except for the following issue.

If I turn of my wireless connection, when flying, and turn it back on the GPS does not work. The only way to get GPS to work is to resend service books. Weird, I have tested it many times same issue. Any ideas?

thanks
    04-21-09 08:47 PM
    I have no clue, but may be that's how it's meant to be?
    04-21-09 09:10 PM
    It should not behave like this. GPS will not work while the radio is off, but once it's back on, it'll work again... you must however reopen GPS aware apps in order to "prime" the chipset again to get a lock.
    04-21-09 09:43 PM
    It should not behave like this. GPS will not work while the radio is off, but once it's back on, it'll work again... you must however reopen GPS aware apps in order to "prime" the chipset again to get a lock.
    Correct. garmin and Goolge Maps do not work until i resend service books. Google Maps uses triangulation and garmin is trying to acquire Sats until I resend service books.
    04-21-09 10:01 PM
    Correct. garmin and Goolge Maps do not work until i resend service books. Google Maps uses triangulation and garmin is trying to acquire Sats until I resend service books.
    Latest version of Google Maps uses GPS on the Storm. Stop posting nonsense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:49 PM
    Ok, just for giggles sake, I turned off radio, waited a few minutes, turned radio back on and launched Google Maps. Got a lock in about 20 seconds. The usual time ot takes on a cold prime.

04-21-09 11:04 PM
    Ok, just for giggles sake, I turned off radio, waited a few minutes, turned radio back on and launched Google Maps. Got a lock in about 20 seconds. The usual time ot takes on a cold prime.

First off I wasn't posting nonsense. I KNOW Google maps uses GPS but if GPS is not available it uses triangulation. Mine stopped working correctly two days ago, that's why I asked if anyone had any sugestions. FYI I did a wipe and reinstalled my OS and all is working again with GPS, know idea what happned.
    Thanks for being a ****.
    04-22-09 08:52 PM
    First off I wasn't posting nonsense. I KNOW Google maps uses GPS but if GPS is not available it uses triangulation. Mine stopped working correctly two days ago, that's why I asked if anyone had any sugestions. FYI I did a wipe and reinstalled my OS and all is working again with GPS, know idea what happned.
    Thanks for being a ****.
    Hey, you're welcome! And I said nonsense because you worded it like you didn't know Google Maps pulls cell coverage first. YES, on a COLD PRIME you will get just My Location Beta with the blue circle. If you wait a little bit, while pressing the location button on the lower right hand side of the screen, you'll see it flip over to full GPS. It does take a while and can take even longer if you're in an area where you cannot get a good lock.
    04-22-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD