I got my Curve 8310 2 days ago, so far it's been a bit great. I don't have a data plan and I have it unlocked to use with T-Mobile. Problem is...even if I use Trekbuddy and load a map, the GPS is not able to find my location.

I accessed Options > Advanced Options > GPS and it shows my cordinates. How come it can't work in Trekbuddy? Does it also need a Data plan although I have a map loaded into the SD card?
    07-14-08 08:49 PM
    Wait it's working now. I guess it's because I live in a 3 story apartment complex?
    07-14-08 08:57 PM
    Generally gps units need a clear view of the sky - they have to find and lock on 3 or more satellites which broadcast very weak signals. Too many or the wrong layers of roof, brick, metal will block that reception. Sometimes tree cover or wet leaves will also affect signals.
    07-15-08 12:03 AM
    Wait it's working now. I guess it's because I live in a 3 story apartment complex?
    It is normal for many types of GPS to not receive or receive poor signals indoors.
    07-15-08 02:31 AM
    Not usually, it just might be that the receiver is weak. I had a Holux 236Slim model and it could always get a signal indoors, although it sometimes took time.

Now I find the Blackberry to receive the signal much faster and indoors too sometimes.
    07-15-08 11:48 AM
    I was going through an under water tunnel the other day and the GPS on my BB got my location.
    07-15-08 11:51 AM
    In Norfolk, VA? I also live in VA.
    07-15-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD