When i was looking around my advanced options to change some things, i noticed that my GPS data source gives me two options: Device GPS and Lestat? WHATS LESTAT?!
    Last edited by mburrell; 11-25-09 at 04:33 PM.
    11-25-09 12:43 AM
    Lestat? Isn't that a vampire? I kid, I kid. In all honesty, I've never heard of this. The only thing listed under mine is "Device GPS." o.O
    11-25-09 02:07 AM
    Haha silent. All I could think about when I read the title was queen of the damned.
    Ahh good movie, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:04 AM
    Do you have any "odd" bluetooth devices linked to the phone? There are bluetooth gps dongles and when associated with the BB, they can also be a gps source. Maybe your BB is mis-detecting another device.
    11-25-09 09:42 AM
    Do you have any "odd" bluetooth devices linked to the phone? There are bluetooth gps dongles and when associated with the BB, they can also be a gps source. Maybe your BB is mis-detecting another device.

No i dont think so because i never use bluetooth
    11-25-09 10:38 AM
    ugh, still havent figured out how to get rid of it. i guess the vampire is haunting my tour now :P
    11-25-09 12:02 PM
    Odd...

Maybe put some garlic around your device...

The only thing I can think of is maybe you installed a third party app and it installed something. Any chance I could ask for a list of apps?

Until then...keep your device away from your neck
    11-25-09 04:23 PM
    Odd...

Maybe put some garlic around your device...

The only thing I can think of is maybe you installed a third party app and it installed something. Any chance I could ask for a list of apps?

Until then...keep your device away from your neck
    apps include:
    ubertwitter
    facebook
    AIM
    viigo
    blackberry app world
    crackberry launcher

i have GPS options turned off for ubertwitter. other than that, i dont htink my device uses gps for anything else. i dont even have blackberry maps anymore!
    11-25-09 04:25 PM
    I never used Ubertwitter (since I don't twitter), so I have no idea if this is causing this or not. Does anyone else use it and does it cause "Lestat" to appear?

Other than that, I see nothing app wise that would generate this issue. *shrugs*
    11-25-09 05:38 PM
    That name "LESTAT" is the name of a bluetooth device that your BB has had a connection to, the GPS device list includes any devices that have connected to, when I go into mine, it has a my computer name were I have connected once to.

If you go into manage connections, bluetooth options and turn bluetooth back on, you should see "LESTAT" and you can delete it from your bluetooth paired device list and it will not appear under your GPS settings (unless of course you do in fact need that device....)
    11-25-09 06:39 PM
    I found Lestat software for Linux. Lestat
    11-25-09 06:49 PM
    @OP: Did you ever link your Tour to someone else's mobile phone via BT?

I did once with my sis-in-law, and now under that menu I have the choice between Device GPS and Cynthia 9630 because I've never bothered deleting the other from my BT settings.
    You must have linked to someone's device who has their user name as "Lestat."

Maybe you were hanging out with Anne Rice or Tom Cruise...?
    11-25-09 08:58 PM
    That name "LESTAT" is the name of a bluetooth device that your BB has had a connection to, the GPS device list includes any devices that have connected to, when I go into mine, it has a my computer name were I have connected once to.

If you go into manage connections, bluetooth options and turn bluetooth back on, you should see "LESTAT" and you can delete it from your bluetooth paired device list and it will not appear under your GPS settings (unless of course you do in fact need that device....)

Thank you!!! I feel so dumb, it was actually a friend of mine who I connected to over bluetooth a million years ago.

11-26-09 08:07 AM
    Thank you!!! I feel so dumb, it was actually a friend of mine who I connected to over bluetooth a million years ago.

Well I guess we know what your friend is up to! :P

Glad you were able to figure it out. I learned something too

11-26-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD