Hi All,

All of a sudden the GPS on my Curve (8310) is unable to find any satellites!

I noticed this at the weekend and have since tried it in various locations.

I have tried it with Amaze and BBMaps, same issue

My GPS settings are
    DeviceGPS
    Location ON

However i never get a fix.

The only change i have made recently was an OS upgrade to 4.5, I am not 100% sure that I succesfully used the GPS since that point

Any help much appreciated

A
    11-19-08 07:10 AM
    My GPS settings are
    DeviceGPS
    Location ON
    if you bring up the menu, you can get it to show your current fix from that screen
    11-19-08 07:21 AM
    A:

I have the 8330, upgraded to 4.5.0.97, and have no GPS issues. If I did, I might try a battery pull, then recheck the GPS settings. Try turning GPS off, battery pull, turning GPS on, battery pull, and checking again. There's something in there that is not communicating. I might also try to uninstall, then reinstall the apps you are using with GPS.

Let us know if you get it working again.
    11-19-08 07:22 AM
    Thanks Guys

After 3 battery pulls all is back to normal. The last battery pull I did I left the battery out for 5 minutes. Leads me to believe that a 10 second pull and a 5 minute pull do very different things!

I tried a battery pull as soon as it happened.. I guess in future when something stops working i will do a long battery pull before posting!

A
    11-19-08 08:55 AM
    Glad to hear your BB is back to normal.

Good luck in the future!
    11-19-08 08:57 AM
    Leads me to believe that a 10 second pull and a 5 minute pull do very different things!
    There is a youtube vid of some researchers that pull passwords and other data off computer ram up to 10 minutes after the power has been disconnected.

Modern RAM doesn't instantly wipe like many people assume it does, it slowly fades over time.
    11-19-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD