As the title states, has anyone had any experience with the GPS on the Curve 3g?..

I am getting a Curve 3G from the Alltel switchover and I am wondering if it works any better than google maps did on the Curve 2 (8520 i think)

Thanks
    BB
    12-28-10 02:35 PM
    I think the GPS is great but on Sprint...whenever we use it, too many times it says we have left the coverage area so where we live Sprint is a problem in places. The GPS works just like the one we have built into our car.
    12-28-10 03:43 PM
    I have the Curve 9300 (T-Mobile) and the GPS responds pretty fast. No complaints here
    12-28-10 07:04 PM
    Can someone tell me, how the OS6 GPS works? For me it shows the speed we are moving randomly from time to time, but when i had OS5 gps, it used to be always there on the bottom corner and keeps changing accordingly. And also the gps in curve 3g, does the screen view move along with the point showing our location? or every time i have to use the trackpad to move left/right/up/down to locate the point as we move out of the specific portion thats shown in the screen? Is there a way i can adjust the screen view in the upward direction and the map tilts to such angles that the path we follow is always to the upward direction?

Please help me.
    12-29-10 12:20 AM
    I have the 9300 on AT&T and the GPS and Google Maps works great. Never had any problems with it and it seems to initialize faster than my 8310 for sure and somewhat better than my 8900 did.
    12-30-10 12:02 PM
    I have the 9300 on AT&T and the GPS and Google Maps works great. Never had any problems with it and it seems to initialize faster than my 8310 for sure and somewhat better than my 8900 did.
    I have the same phone with AT+T and Google Maps works perfectly,I love the voice search feature, I can't believe it's free with all of it's feature,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 03:19 PM
    I have a Curve 3G and a 8520. I use Lookout Security on both. On the 8520, Ican track my smartphone to the nearest cell tower(about 1400 meters). On the Curve 3G ,I can track my phone to with about 2 meters.
    While I don't use Google Maps, it seem that the GPS would be more accurate. I hope my comment helps.
    12-31-10 11:31 PM
    Can someone tell me, how the OS6 GPS works? For me it shows the speed we are moving randomly from time to time, but when i had OS5 gps, it used to be always there on the bottom corner and keeps changing accordingly. And also the gps in curve 3g, does the screen view move along with the point showing our location? or every time i have to use the trackpad to move left/right/up/down to locate the point as we move out of the specific portion thats shown in the screen? Is there a way i can adjust the screen view in the upward direction and the map tilts to such angles that the path we follow is always to the upward direction?

Please help me.
    Just make sure you use Google Maps, is a lot better than Blackberry Maps and will move along with you if you are moving (Without you having to move the map manually)
    marvelfredo likes this.
    01-01-11 07:49 AM
    Works great for my wife.
    01-01-11 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD