On a seven day cruise to mexico.. I called verizon for the international plan so no crazy roaming fees... Was happy about that... But not very happy the way the gps doesn't work with bb maps and google maps. Most times thw camera won't save or let me rename with geotahging on... Battery pull later and works for three pics maybe...then. When those pictures do work amd I import them.. I can't see the geotagging.. Any ideas? Ill search. On that...thanks..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:35 PM
    Wow..
    seriously no answers?
    NOTHING?
    02-08-09 07:43 PM
    gps should work on bbmaps as it works on everyones I know and on mine. But GPS does not work on google maps. Google maps just uses the towers to get close but does not work with the gps on the storm yet for an exact location.

Make sure you have selected OPTIONS, ADVANCED, GPS, GPS Data Source, - DEVICE GPS for BBmaps to work.

I also have Location on and Enabled.

This works for BBmaps and VZnavigator. Make sure you do not have anything like VZnavigator up or BBmaps will have issues getting to the GPS. I think only one can use the GPS at a time so do MENU CLOSE for other apps that may have GPS on.

Camera should work if you are running .75. But video does not work most of the time in .75.
    02-08-09 07:55 PM
    gps should work on bbmaps as it works on everyones I know and on mine. But GPS does not work on google maps. Google maps just uses the towers to get close but does not work with the gps on the storm yet for an exact location.

Make sure you have selected OPTIONS, ADVANCED, GPS, GPS Data Source, - DEVICE GPS for BBmaps to work.

I also have Location on and Enabled.

This works for BBmaps and VZnavigator. Make sure you do not have anything like VZnavigator up or BBmaps will have issues getting to the GPS. I think only one can use the GPS at a time so do MENU CLOSE for other apps that may have GPS on.

Camera should work if you are running .75. But video does not work most of the time in .75.
    The camera doesn't like the pictures in FINE mode... it would take pictures, but not save them...

I made sure the GPS was on...
    And I had the signal was on in the camera bottom right..

Worked on 4 pictures out of.. ohhh... 50...
    Runnin.90
    02-08-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD