I have a 9530 and have used the GPS on several occasions with Google maps. I also started using it for geocaching about 2 weeks ago and have used both Blackstar and Cacheberry successfully. I went out today to start another geocache hunt and couldn't get the GPS to see any satellites. Gave up and decided to head home. Did a battery pull and started up Cacheberry again. It eventually connected, but had me way off the mark on my location. I'm at N 40, W 86, and it had me at N 40, W 68. It also had me at 90,000 feet and travelling at 200+ MPH

I've done a couple more battery pulls, but nothing has changed. Google maps doesn't pinpoint me either. Is there any way to reset the GPS, or is it possible it has just gone bad on me?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    07-11-09 08:12 PM
    I have a 9530 and have used the GPS on several occasions with Google maps. I also started using it for geocaching about 2 weeks ago and have used both Blackstar and Cacheberry successfully. I went out today to start another geocache hunt and couldn't get the GPS to see any satellites. Gave up and decided to head home. Did a battery pull and started up Cacheberry again. It eventually connected, but had me way off the mark on my location. I'm at N 40, W 86, and it had me at N 40, W 68. It also had me at 90,000 feet and travelling at 200+ MPH

I've done a couple more battery pulls, but nothing has changed. Google maps doesn't pinpoint me either. Is there any way to reset the GPS, or is it possible it has just gone bad on me?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Not sure there is something broken in the hardware, did you drop the storm by any chance?
    07-11-09 08:14 PM
    Try this: Open Blackberry Maps and try get a satellite lock. This might give you some insight on whether the GPS is bad. I've done this when other apps would not work and it seemed to "prime" the system.
    07-11-09 08:26 PM
    Blackberry Maps doesn't lock onto any satellites. No, I haven't dropped my Storm.
    07-11-09 08:40 PM
    HThere are caches at 90 000 feet? U gonna miss them going 200 mph! Just saying...
    07-11-09 10:19 PM
    I fixed the issue by upgrading my .141 software to .148. Not sure why it broke when it was working before, but glad it was fixed with a simple software upgrade
    07-11-09 11:53 PM
    would that be Cacheberry?
    07-17-09 07:13 AM
    Yes, it was Cacheberry that I was using at the time. Going to test out Geocache Navigator later today and over the weekend.
    07-17-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD