Hi, I searched forums but could not find anything on how to use GPS on bold?

How do I use this, what steps do I need to take to set it up? Because when I go advanced options, then GPS, my location is blank and I don't know how to use this thing?

How do I use the GPS feature and set it up if need be, thanks.
    12-08-08 11:45 AM
    It's the app that uses the GPS features. If you go to the advanced portion, you can hit menu and refresh GPS. This will give you your current location. But it needs to be done outside.
    12-08-08 11:47 AM
    It's the app that uses the GPS features. If you go to the advanced portion, you can hit menu and refresh GPS. This will give you your current location. But it needs to be done outside.
    hey thanks for reply, but it detected my location, but how do i get the map thing to come up to show me where i am ?

yours truly, hairysack.
    12-08-08 11:54 AM
    Google Maps (Google Maps)

You can get BB Maps on the device but you need to follow some steps.
    12-08-08 11:55 AM
    Yeah. GMaps is the easist way.
    12-08-08 11:56 AM
    Yeah. GMaps is the easist way.
    thanks for the replies, i downloaded google maps lets see if it works

urs truly, VeryHairySack
    12-08-08 12:06 PM
    hello,

does a-gprs on bbmaps (specially on bold) use an additional charge of data plans ?

thx.
    12-09-08 12:21 AM
    No additional charge, unless you use AT&T navigator, which includes spoken turn-by-turn and roadside assistance. If you need that sort of thing, go for it; otherwise, Google Maps is sweet, precise, and most importantly, FREE! By the way,lemme just take a second to praise BB's "open source" (not sure if that's the corect term, but whater) approach to everything. I get ringtones without paying, I get all sorts of options with my settings, and of course GPS is free if youdon't require al the bells and whistles (and if you do, buy a dedicated GPS unit; it'll pay for itself in less than a year). After having a Berry only four days, I can honestly say I'll NEVER have any oter mobile device.
    Steve
    12-09-08 12:33 AM
    No additional charge, unless you use AT&T navigator, which includes spoken turn-by-turn and roadside assistance. If you need that sort of thing, go for it; otherwise, Google Maps is sweet, precise, and most importantly, FREE! By the way,lemme just take a second to praise BB's "open source" (not sure if that's the corect term, but whater) approach to everything. I get ringtones without paying, I get all sorts of options with my settings, and of course GPS is free if youdon't require al the bells and whistles (and if you do, buy a dedicated GPS unit; it'll pay for itself in less than a year). After having a Berry only four days, I can honestly say I'll NEVER have any oter mobile device.
    Steve
    This is so true and one reason I love my BB - :P

To the OP, you can use www.amazegps.com or Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone! for navigation.

I am trying out the AT&T nav free for 30 days right now. It's nice, but not sure I want to spend 10 bucks a month extra on it. I would rather pay for the tethering.
    12-09-08 07:52 AM
    @GibsonLives & VoltaicShock,

thank for ur description...
    12-09-08 10:04 AM
    Garmin has a lifetime (life of the berry its originally installed on) app for $100.
    12-09-08 12:10 PM
    Google Maps (Google Maps)

You can get BB Maps on the device but you need to follow some steps.
    do you prefer google maps or bb maps?
    12-09-08 12:16 PM
    Does anyone else get lag with Google maps on the bold? It has so much lag when traveling it's pretty much useless. Trying the free trial for the Garmin app and that works perfectly.
    12-13-08 11:26 AM
    Hi, I searched forums but could not find anything on how to use GPS on bold?

How do I use this, what steps do I need to take to set it up? Because when I go advanced options, then GPS, my location is blank and I don't know how to use this thing?

How do I use the GPS feature and set it up if need be, thanks.

When your in the GPS menu hit the "MENU kEY"(BLACKBERRY KEY LEFT OF THE TRACK BALL) then select "REFRESH GPS", do that before you use anything gps program.
    12-13-08 12:51 PM
    Does anyone else get lag with Google maps on the bold? It has so much lag when traveling it's pretty much useless. Trying the free trial for the Garmin app and that works perfectly.
    I used Google Maps on a trip to Pittsburgh to find a friend's house and it was remarkably quick and accurate. We missed a turn (loop around not labeled) and it immediately showed us off path.
    12-13-08 01:21 PM
    yea google maps is amazing.

and if it had voice nav... then it'd be perfect
    12-13-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD