My GPS does not work for me. when i click on start navigation it just saids searching for satellites and never finds anything. Is there something i am doing wrong?
    12-24-08 12:14 PM
    Did you turn it on in the options of the phone? It is set to E911 mode by default, IIRC.

Options/Advanced Options/GPS

GPS Data Source: Device GPS
    GPS Services: Location On
    Location Aiding: Enabled
    12-24-08 12:18 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing. It always worked fine then yesterday it wouldn't find any sats. Tried it a couple hours later and it worked fine. So...I dunno.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 12:19 PM
    Did you turn it on in the options of the phone? It is set to E911 mode by default, IIRC.

Options/Advanced Options/GPS

GPS Data Source: Device GPS
    GPS Services: Location On
    Location Aiding: Enabled

Yeah mine is setup correctly, still it just saids searching for satellites. I don't know what to do.
    12-24-08 12:27 PM
    Are you outside? I get a sporadic signal in my office.

VZ Nav uses aGPS so you may get better coverage with that, I don't think that BB Maps makes use of the aGPS.
    12-24-08 12:29 PM
    Are you outside? I get a sporadic signal in my office.

VZ Nav uses aGPS so you may get better coverage with that, I don't think that BB Maps makes use of the aGPS.
    I'm inside, i will try it outside later...Thanks for your help
    12-24-08 12:39 PM
    Mine stopped working with BB Maps a couple weeks ago, but it works fine with VZ Nav. I was going to delete BB Maps and reinstall it one of these days to see if that would fix it.
    12-24-08 03:07 PM
    When I try to naviagate I get a msg service authorization errorlease call *611 to verify that you are provisioned to use VZ Navigator

Now I may just be lost. I'm not only new to the storm but I'm new to blackberry all together
    12-24-08 03:25 PM
    Had the same problem. Just reinstalled bbmaps and GPS worked fine (even inside)
    03-18-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD