hey guys i have a friend that uses a 8310 on AT&T. i see she has a GPS but i can't seem to find the BB maps or a program that she can use to get accurate directions. Can anyone help me out so i can help her? is there a program i need to download for free or is the GPS not functionable for these purposes? Everyone here helps me wityh my storm i hope you can help with this issue too
    06-02-09 07:43 PM
    Hi. I have the 8310 on AT&T as well. To use the built in GPS, you have to have AT&T Navigator. It gives you accurate directions from an address or from your gps pinpointed location. The Navigator service is 9.99 mo, I believe.

You can download google maps for free and it gives great directions as an alternative.

Hope that helps!
    06-03-09 08:17 AM
    Google Maps won't give you turn-by-turn directions like AT&T Navigator, but if you don't need Google Maps is great (and free).
    06-03-09 08:45 AM
    AmaZe will work and it's free. You do not have to use AT&T software with the builtin GPS.
    06-03-09 09:03 AM
    Google Maps won't give you turn-by-turn directions like AT&T Navigator, but if you don't need Google Maps is great (and free).
    Hi, nhxse. You may have been looking at an older version of google maps, but the latest version does actually have turn-by-turn directions.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's great!! Would definitely recommend for map locations and turn-by-turn directions.
    06-03-09 09:28 AM
    AmaZe will work and it's free. You do not have to use AT&T software with the builtin GPS.
    Sorry, I didn't intend to mean that you HAVE to use AT&T's software to us GPS. I just meant that that was how AT&T intended the GPS to be used. You have to have SOME software to use it. Other software will work with GPS as well. I use the Google Maps with mine.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, michaelr1112!
    06-03-09 09:32 AM
    is the newest version 3.0.2? thats what i have on my storm and the GPS works fine on it but don't knwo about the 8310. Thanks for replying guys
    06-03-09 02:03 PM
    is the newest version 3.0.2? thats what i have on my storm and the GPS works fine on it but don't knwo about the 8310. Thanks for replying guys
    The version I have is also the 3.0.2 so your friend should be good with that one on the curve.
    06-03-09 02:09 PM
    i would also agree on google maps. It helped me alot when I was in DC for the Cherry Blossom festival. Very handy to have while walking around the memorials and Capitol Mall.
    06-03-09 02:50 PM
    Hi, nhxse. You may have been looking at an older version of google maps, but the latest version does actually have turn-by-turn directions.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's great!! Would definitely recommend for map locations and turn-by-turn directions.
    You're right, it does do turn-by-turn directions. I don't know why I said that...I meant it does not do the real-time-live-update-of-directions thingy (or maybe it does and I missed that??).
    06-04-09 08:17 AM
    Nav4all works also. It is what I used on my 8310 until I purchased Garmin.
    06-04-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD