Guys, do u know where I can find such apps that uses gps to track my speed n say it out loud to me using speakerphone/earphone probably in an interval of 5-10secs?

I need this as I'm seriously doubting my speedometer both in my cars and my bike.. At least gps speed is much accurate.

Current gps navigations software do display the speed, but its much more convinience if we could hear it speak the speed to us.

I'm tired of speeding tickets ehhehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 04:04 AM
    02-26-11 06:34 AM
    GPS Tool from the Crackberry store is free, it doesn't say it out loud to you. But you can always use it to train your speed guessing so you know what your traveling at without the speedometer.
    02-26-11 07:04 AM
    QuickFind by Nikkisoft displays the speed...

02-26-11 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the heads up folks

If there's any apps developer reading this, would appreciate if u could dev such apps that could tell u by vioce notification I believe some of ppl like me will thank you much :P

02-26-11 08:23 AM
    i can add this to QuickFind.
    02-28-11 10:14 PM
    I'd like to see Quickfind implement a heads up display feature so that I can leave it on my dashboard and see the speed I'm doing.

Nogago had an HUD app that I tried on my Torch and it worked great, but they don't seem to support it anymore.

This is just me being geeky. I don't actually need it, but I'd love to have it added. It would make Quickfind that much better for me.
    03-01-11 07:23 PM
    Try WAZE, its available in app world and its free, im loving it, will tell you speed and orientation.

BlackBerry App World - Waze crowdsource social GPS navigation. Commuting made fun
    Last edited by huecobros; 03-01-11 at 09:26 PM.
    03-01-11 09:23 PM
    just a display of the speed?

I'd like to see Quickfind implement a heads up display feature so that I can leave it on my dashboard and see the speed I'm doing.

Nogago had an HUD app that I tried on my Torch and it worked great, but they don't seem to support it anymore.

This is just me being geeky. I don't actually need it, but I'd love to have it added. It would make Quickfind that much better for me.
    03-01-11 11:03 PM
    just a display of the speed?
    Reversed so that it will reflect off of the windshield.

Basically, a black background with just the speed, reversed, across the screen so that it can "overlay" what's viewed through the windshield. It's a feature that some cars have stock.

Bonus would be if it gave direction arrows for navigation.
    03-02-11 04:10 PM
    hmm... that sounds pretty cool.
    i took a look at the nogago app. the screen was white and it wasnt reversed either. did you use this for a hud?
    so a black background with green or red letters while reflect off the windshield?
    03-02-11 07:10 PM
    ok. did some research.
    pretty cool. i'm going to add this.
    thanks
    03-02-11 07:12 PM
    I like blackstar. U can dl it at blackstarnavigation.com

03-03-11 02:11 AM
    Ehemmm.. Is this thread still focusing on the speed notification by voice issue ?

I've installed wave n using it for checking d traffic conditions, but I doubt it can speak the speed, just display it.

03-03-11 07:04 AM
    ok. did some research.
    thanks
    Sweet! It's nice to have app developers that take suggestions to heart. Thanks!
    03-03-11 04:40 PM
    Ehemmm.. Is this thread still focusing on the speed notification by voice issue ?

I've installed wave n using it for checking d traffic conditions, but I doubt it can speak the speed, just display it.

Yes it's gone a bit off topic, but more an evolution of the topic into other solutions that would work for you in your car at least.
    03-03-11 04:43 PM
    Great discussion and brainstorming indeed!

But don't forget, try to find ideas that suits for driving and riding (bike,cycling etc etc using earphones..this is crucial as we ride, we can't always look at the screen, unless its mounted somewhere at the handle, which prone to damage the phone as d vibration and heat from the weather)

03-04-11 12:08 AM
    Great discussion and brainstorming indeed!

But don't forget, try to find ideas that suits for driving and riding (bike,cycling etc etc using earphones..this is crucial as we ride, we can't always look at the screen, unless its mounted somewhere at the handle, which prone to damage the phone as d vibration and heat from the weather)

Well at least for the driving that is why nogago HUD is created not to distract you and at the same time provide the speed information in your sight.
    I tested it at night and it worked perfect. At day it very much depends on the displays brightness and sun reflections.

They have got a demo (limited up to 30 Mph)
    BlackBerry App World - Head-Up Display for BlackBerry(R) - Demo
    03-04-11 04:25 AM
    looks good so far. i'll try to post a screenshot later
    TLS2000 likes this.
    03-04-11 02:24 PM
    ok. did some research.
    thanks
    Am I understanding correctly that you are going to add a HUD feature to QuickFind? So perhaps something with a black background and large white or colored numbers indicating speed? You have no idea how long I've been looking for something similar. I saw the demo app you saw, and it works reasonably well during the day, really well at night. I was just not wanting to buy yet another one-trick-pony, and not for that price either.

I'm already a proud QL owner, and if you add this to QF, I'll be a proud QF owner too. I was already looking into QF, but you keep making it better. That's something that few app developers do; listen to their customers and continually improve their products. Major software corporations could take a lesson from you. I know; I work for one of them. ;-)

Thanks
    CJ
    04-12-11 05:21 PM

HUD is still available in AppWorld and at their website nogago.com
    06-09-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD