Has anyone successfully used a GPS app with music playing simultaneously?

When I get a voice prompt my music stops and doesn't resume.

This is with Garmin and Telenav.
    02-19-09 01:56 PM
    I am so with you.
    Its real annoying having to go back and get the music playing.
    I usually lower the sound on the garmin and hope I dont miss the turn.
    But kinda defeats the purpose of spending 80 bucks!
    02-19-09 02:18 PM
    I heard recently, something about the Storm having only one audio channel... So I don't think this will ever happen, sadly. I hope I'm wrong though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 04:10 PM
    Well it would be fine if the music would resume. I wonder if we should contact the GPS app dev or if it's a RIM issue.
    02-19-09 04:14 PM
    I use telenav and stream slacker ... granted I dont use the directions portion of telenav ... I use it for freeway traffic so no voice prompts
    02-19-09 05:14 PM
    I heard recently, something about the Storm having only one audio channel
    That doesn't make sense, because it knows when the phone rings, which utilizes the same audio channel. It knows when text and email and bbm go off, and the music always comes back on. It definitely a software issue. It does it on VZ Nav too so it's probably an OS issue
    02-19-09 05:46 PM
    I have the same problem and it's annoying to have the music stop. Any news if this problem will/has been addressed?
    05-05-09 10:53 AM
    Same problem here with Telenav.

Here are my suggestions: Mute all voice prompts and just listen to the music or when the music stops just hold volume up button and track will start agian *usually. lol.

I prefer the first method, im fine with visually seeing where I need to go, dont really need the voice to tell me every 5 minutes when im merging lanes lol

heres my bigger problem, my screen backlight always goes out and i have to touch the screen constantly to see the gps. How do i make it so it never goes out? The only options under screen options is from 2 seconds to 2m inutes, but not always on..suggestsions
    07-06-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD