Has anyone found a decent GPS for 8520? Amaze won't work for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 08:56 AM
    (BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE DESK.....)

8520 does not have GPS. the best you can do is use Google Maps and triagulate with cell towers.
    03-17-11 09:03 AM
    Or use a Bluetooth Puck GPS receiver with the BlackBerry.
    03-17-11 09:47 AM
    (BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE DESK.....)

8520 does not have GPS. the best you can do is use Google Maps and triagulate with cell towers.
    Long live the desk!!! There seem to be several supposed GPS downloads - sorry your helpfulness, being new to this I am simply asking if any of them are worth looking at?

03-18-11 02:25 PM
    Long live the desk!!! There seem to be several supposed GPS downloads - sorry your helpfulness, being new to this I am simply asking if any of them are worth looking at?

Not unless you get a Bluetooth Puck GPS receiver.
    chachoi likes this.
    03-18-11 02:29 PM
    Again, GPS requires HARDWARE. The 8520 doesn't have it internally. There's nothing you can "download" to make it work.

And your terminology is wrong. You keep saying "GPS" but what you are really looking for is "Navigation software".
    03-18-11 02:48 PM
    Thanks for the clarification - will be mindful to check spec of my next BB! Was so excited to be getting one that I didn't really check it out! Still love it tho!

03-19-11 05:22 AM
    Do try Google Maps thou. Cell phone triangulation is not as good but it's far from bad.
    03-19-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD