Does anyone know of a free GPS application that will speak to me while driving, not just show me a map?
    06-30-09 10:57 PM
    Check out amazegps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 11:16 PM
    Does anyone know of a free GPS application that will speak to me while driving, not just show me a map?
    The section of this forum pertainig to apps has valuable info...

BlackBerry Software, Services and Accessories

-*BlackBerry Software & Service Companies

-*BlackBerry Apps
    07-01-09 02:32 AM
    If you're on Orange, try Orange Maps. I've heard nothing but good things although I haven't tried it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:14 AM
    To the OP, bear in mind that the internal GPS chip on the Verizon 8330 will not currently work with 3rd party applications. It currently only works with the BBMaps and VZNav.
    07-01-09 06:11 AM
    These guys say they support everything BlackBerry: LifeInPocket - Your Life In your Pocket.
    07-01-09 08:05 AM
    I was positive that telenav talks to you. And is free.
    07-01-09 12:09 PM
    amAze GPS is my favorite free turn-by-turn navigation app. The UI is beatiful but godawful slow. Once you get past entering your destination and actually start navigating, it works great. It's free forever.
    Nav4All is my 2nd favorite "free" turn-by-turn navigation app. It covers the most countries of any navigation app I've seen. The UI is quick but outdated, looking much like my 10 year old nav system. Nav4All is only free through year-end 2009.
    Google Maps and BB Maps provide free, basic step-by-step navigation. They will show your location on a moving map and will show you the next step/turn. But after you've made the turn, you have to press a key to advance to the next step.

All BlackBerry navigation apps use a data plan.

Click over to the GPS & Mapping forum for more discussion about navigation software for your BlackBerry.
    07-01-09 12:25 PM
    I was positive that telenav talks to you. And is free.
    Telenav does talk to you, but is 9.95 a month.

Very good program.

Ken
    07-01-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD