I've lost my gps icon on my 8330 and I can't find out how to get it back. I have tried searching it out with no luck. It had been working until I started having trouble with weatherbug. Thanks for any help.
    01-19-09 12:02 PM
    There are three possible answers to your problem. 1) you inadvertently hid the icon. Menu / Show All from the Home Screen will find it. 2) you inadvertently dropped it in a folder while moving it. Check any folders on your Home Screen. 3) you inadvertently deleted the app. All you can do is reload it.
    01-19-09 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. The first two options I have already tried. What do i do to reload it. Thanks.
    01-19-09 12:33 PM
    What you have to do to reload it depends on the app. If it's a 3rd party OTA downloadable app like Google Maps, go back to the site and download it OTA. If it's VZNav, go to the Verizon download site, (I assume; I don't have VZNav.) If it's BBMaps, you have to run the DM App Loader and check the box for BBMaps. If you haven't installed your 8330 OS as an app on your PC, installing BBMaps via DM App Loader won't work until you do. I'll hold off on those instructions since you may not need them.
    01-19-09 12:40 PM
    I have google maps it's blackberry maps is what I need. Thanks
    01-19-09 12:47 PM
    Assuming you don't have your 8330 OS installed on your PC, go here: BlackBerry Software Updates

Be sure to get the exact same version of the OS as is on your phone. Download it to your PC, somewhere where you can find it, like your desktop. Double-click the exe file. That will install the 8330 OS as an application on your PC. Then you can run the DM App Loader and BBMaps will be an option you can select.
    01-19-09 12:53 PM
    Be sure to get the exact same version of the OS as is on your phone. Download it to your PC, somewhere where you can find it, like your desktop. Double-click the exe file. That will install the 8330 OS as an application on your PC. Then you can run the DM App Loader and BBMaps will be an option you can select.[/QUOTE]

JeffH, I was able to do that and when i check it and hit next it says no action required.
    01-19-09 01:45 PM
    Be sure to get the exact same version of the OS as is on your phone. Download it to your PC, somewhere where you can find it, like your desktop. Double-click the exe file. That will install the 8330 OS as an application on your PC. Then you can run the DM App Loader and BBMaps will be an option you can select.
    JeffH, I was able to do that and when i check it and hit next it says no action required.[/QUOTE]

Was the BBMaps option already checked in the App Loader? It sounds like the App Loader thinks BBMaps is still installed.
    01-19-09 01:54 PM
    Try looking in Options > Advanced Options > Applications to see if BB Maps is listed.
    01-19-09 02:04 PM
    It is in the application menu but no icon on the home screen like before. Thanks
    01-19-09 02:08 PM
    Very good. All you need to do is refresh your HRT and possibly resend your service books. This thread tells how: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/serv...ks-how-115031/

Sorry I didn't think of the correct scenario earlier.
    01-19-09 02:13 PM
    Still no icon on the home screen. Thanks
    01-19-09 02:17 PM
    Well, it's not often I have to give up, but you've just about exhausted every branch in my fault tree. Since the problem started with weatherbug, have you tried deleting weatherbug?

Have you done a battery pull?
    01-19-09 02:29 PM
    Yes weatherbug is gone and i have done many battery pulls. Should I do a restore from earlier in the month? Thanks.
    01-19-09 02:32 PM
    If it is in the list of Apps under Options > Advanced Options > Applications then I would have to say it is either hidden or in a folder.
    Unhide all icons and then perhaps try another theme. Sometimes Icons come out of folders in other themes.
    Good Luck!
    01-19-09 03:56 PM
    Do you have a Programs icon? It looks like a folder. If you do, sometimes icons are tucked away in there.
    01-19-09 03:59 PM
    I changed themes and the icon showed up changed back to the other theme not there so now what makes no sence to me. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 04:46 PM
    That's a great catch by ronb! I'd get rid of that theme. If it's causing a problem with bbmaps, it may cause other, worse problems later. It's possible to brick your phone with an incompatible theme.

01-19-09 04:56 PM
    Thanks to everyone for trying to help me I will be getting a new theme. Strange though I have had that theme for along time and no problems you just never know when something is going to go wrong. Once again THANKS to everyone!

01-19-09 06:05 PM
    It may not be the theme as such. I believe that the icon got hidden in a folder in that theme and not in another.
    If you haven't deleted the theme, reapply it and look very closely in each icon/folder.
    Anyway, good luck and at least you have a fix.

if it is a non-standard or non-vendor supplied theme, then of course do that Pete said and get rid of it.
    Thanks Pete!
    01-19-09 07:49 PM
    Update I reset my theme and my icon came back. Hope it's not temp. Thanks for all the help!!

01-19-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD