I spilt coke one me phone and it got in side my screen does anyone know how to get it out
    07-15-15 12:58 PM
    I spilt coke one me phone and it got in side my screen does anyone know how to get it out
    Some people recommend putting your phone in the middle of a bag of uncooked dry rice. Never happened to me with coke, so not sure if this will help (it worked for drying out water in one of my old nokias).
    07-15-15 01:01 PM
    Coke is not water..... going to be a sugary mess that will be hard to evaporate.

You can fully submerge your phone in 99% alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). Believe it or not alcohol is a non conductive liquid, so it won’t cause a short, and will get into all the cracks and crevices in your phone and help give it a good cleaning. Let the phone sit and soak for an hour or two and then remove the phone, let it dry, and try it out. I'd still remove the battery....

And there are some other HFE Solvents that are designed to do this.

BUT - If your LDI sticker is white and you submerge your phone the LDI will activate and void your warranty. So I'd only do it if you sticker has already activated.
    pogly2 likes this.
    07-15-15 01:10 PM
    While you can leave your phone in Uncooked rice, which might absorb all the water from the device. But the sugar and colouring will still remain behind.

Keep the device turned off for as long as possible. Leaving it in a hot place may help the absorption process. If all else fails, send it in to be repaired

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-15-15 01:52 PM
    Just add some Jack Daniels and enjoy your phone!

When's 10.4 coming?
    07-15-15 03:18 PM
    While you can leave your phone in Uncooked rice, which might absorb all the water from the device. But the sugar and colouring will still remain behind.

Keep the device turned off for as long as possible. Leaving it in a hot place may help the absorption process. If all else fails, send it in to be repaired

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    It's not the sugar or coloring, it's that devilish PHOSPHORIC ACID in Coca-Cola that will destroy the circuits in your phone*. Coke is more acidic than vinegar!

8-o

(and it loves to eat the Calcium out of you bones, too...)

*edit: so you **will** need to flush it out to avoid long-term damage. Do it asap. Isoprop at the tech & tinker store or pharmacy is cheap enough.

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-15-15 03:28 PM