Hey guys,

I'm on VZW and I have an upgrade and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to get next. I like my Storm 2, but it has a hard time lasting an entire day on one battery and it needs constant maintenance, so it's time to think about an upgrade.

What should I do, I could get the Droid X now and be done with it. Is that a solid phone overall? What will I be missing if I do get it? And when/if will the Storm 3 or iPhone come to Verizon? Should I stop this waiting game and just grab the Droid now or are those other 2 devices worth waiting for and staying with my 9550 for a while longer?

I know this is a loaded/open-ended question, but any advice to steer me in a good decision would be helpful. Thanks to anyone!
    12-30-10 01:59 PM
    Well, what are some of the things that you like the most about your BB that you don't think you could do without? Are you someone who uses BBM alot? Do you like the push e-mail? Other than the battery issue, is there anything additional making you want to leave BB? What are some of the things that the Storm doesn't do that you want your next device to do?

The Droid X is a nice device, like anything it has it's shortcomings, same with the iPhone and the BB.
    12-30-10 02:08 PM
    The Droid X is an awesome device and it is my primary device. Honestly, I would wait for the new LTE devices to come out. They will be much more powerful and capable. If you can't wait though, buy the DX. I would choose the DX over the iPhone any day. I use to own the iPhone and I find the DX to be much more capable and love the customization.
    12-30-10 02:13 PM
    Thanks for your response, I like push email a lot, but I have a work BB (9650) that I could add my personal email to and get push emails that way. I am hardly ever on BBM, so that is not a big deal at all to me.

Overall, I love BB and have no complaints about it, but my Storm 2 seems to be getting slower and needing more maintenance. I don't think anyone can say with certainty when or if the Storm 3 or iPhone are coming to VZW, if you can, please let me know. Otherwise the Droid X seems tempting. Thank you again!
    12-30-10 02:17 PM
    Yeah, there is no confirmed timeframe on when the Storm 3 would be coming out... I would assume mid year, but I have no clue.

If all else fails, you can pull the trigger on the Droid X and give it a test run for the first 30 days. If you don't like it, take it back and have them reverse out your upgrade and go back to using the Storm2 until something else comes out that you find attractive.
    12-30-10 02:20 PM
    Yeah, that's a good idea, although I was thinking about getting it from Amazon.com because it's $80 cheaper I don't think I can return it if I don't like it in that case. So this advice is truly helpful.
    12-30-10 02:21 PM
    At this point I would use patience and wait. Wait and see what is announced during CES next month. Although we have not heard anything definit rumors are saying we should hear about some new stuff coming out Q1 next year.
    12-30-10 02:25 PM
    If there is a device that can meet you needs now at least take a look at it and give it a run through at the store (even if you intend to buy somewhere else). If it fits your need for now get it, if not don't. The one thing about waiting for a LTE or duel core devices is there will always be a better device on the horizon you can wait for. With the way upgrades are you will always have one somewhat soon.
    12-30-10 02:29 PM
    Great responses! Thanks so much guys!
    12-30-10 02:35 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on the Storm 3 or the iPhone honestly. I don't think that either will happen, and if I had to pick one of them, it would be the S3. I just don't see the iPhone on Verizon.

It really depends on what your needs for your phone are. Once you decide that, you will be able to decide on what phone to get.
    12-30-10 02:41 PM
    Thanks for your response, I like push email a lot, but I have a work BB (9650) that I could add my personal email to and get push emails that way. I am hardly ever on BBM, so that is not a big deal at all to me.

Overall, I love BB and have no complaints about it, but my Storm 2 seems to be getting slower and needing more maintenance. I don't think anyone can say with certainty when or if the Storm 3 or iPhone are coming to VZW, if you can, please let me know. Otherwise the Droid X seems tempting. Thank you again!
    I would wait. Try to clean up your S2 so it's running as efficient as possible. Also, maybe you need a different OS or maybe you need to remove some old apps you don't use....Like others said, wait it out a little and see what is on the horizon.
    12-30-10 02:47 PM
    yea i would wait as well. the DX is a good phone, but with CES being so close i would wait and see what verizon announces.
    12-30-10 03:41 PM
    Droid Pro? see linky: url=http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-DROID-PRO-US-EN?localeId=33]DROID Pro by MOTOROLA - Business Cell Phone - Experience - Motorola, Inc. USA[/url

Guess I can't post links
    Copy/paste link
    12-30-10 04:45 PM
    Droid Pro? see linky: DROID Pro by MOTOROLA - Business Cell Phone - Experience - Motorola, Inc. USA

Guess I can't post links
    Copy/paste link
    Just needed some touchup.

Stooley - if you can get a X for a good price, I'd go with the suggestions above, but go find one to at least get familiarized if you aren't already. I wouldn't commit to any device I couldn't try myself or have difficulty returning. If it works out then you can always hold off upgrading for a spell, regardless whether you hear yay or nay on upcoming/rumored devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 06:13 PM
    I say wait. The VZW iPhone is rumored to be coming out between CES and St. Valentine's Day and there will be other (see: possibly dual core) handsets available from VZW.
    12-30-10 06:16 PM
    Waiting is a dangerous game. If your waiting for the newest nag greatest....you'll always be waiting. The Droid X is an excel lend device but I did find that I wanted a smaller device so itwould be more pocketable. But that's personal preference.
    12-30-10 06:30 PM
    Waiting is a dangerous game. If your waiting for the newest nag greatest....you'll always be waiting. The Droid X is an excel lend device but I did find that I wanted a smaller device so itwould be more pocketable. But that's personal preference.
    This

Try out the X for a week and see how you like it. If you like it and know it's something you can stick to for a year or two, keep it. Or if you don't wanna extend your contract but pay full retail, you could buy an X off eBay. I just sold my X for $370 earlier this week and some of them are going as low as the $200 range.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 07:02 PM
    I would wait, 2011 is going to be interesting!

My options are open in Jan. 2012 so it'll give me time to do my due diligence.
    12-30-10 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD