Yeah this isn't a "OMG like they were totally lyke discriminininating against me"

So basically we were talking about communication in the office and some one said to me (out loud for all to hear) "Some of us have iPhones" and my response was "Some of us have Blackberrys"...everyone scuffed....how immature. At least my messages make sense and don't appear that I'm trying to sex someone up "I got that a billion times".

Oh and when facing a problem to scan a Quick Response code....my little Blackberry Curve 9350 was used as a tool to deal with the issue go figure....Anyway, I love my blackberry and my GPS works better than my Android's GPS ever did.
    02-08-12 10:56 PM
    I get that alot too, but there are still alot of people in the sales force that use Blackberry's. Those of us that do are still loyal and love our devices. I just tend not to engage anyone in an "my device is better because" debate. I only state that it works great for me, and I love my Blackberry and Playbook.
    02-08-12 11:08 PM
    I get that alot too, but there are still alot of people in the sales force that use Blackberry's. Those of us that do are still loyal and love our devices. I just tend not to engage anyone in an "my device is better because" debate. I only state that it works great for me, and I love my Blackberry and Playbook.
    Glad I'm not alone. I love the blackberry because to me, it's not broken. If it has GPS, Texting, Twitter and can make calls I'm fine with it. I'm not sure about Playbook, but I hope it does succeed. Competition will do good for Android and Apple...thought I hate Apple for not allowing flash.
    02-08-12 11:11 PM
    My BB does everything I need, and nothing that I don't need (like transferring 8 MP photos back and forth, scarfing up data). Just the other day, I was with a friend (an interior designer) who was trying to show a prospective client a website on her iPhone, and had to apologize that she couldn't show them the full site because it was in Flash. I typed in the address on my Torch, and there it was, in all its Flash glory.
    02-08-12 11:15 PM
    I have had people laugh when they see my style. They insist it is from 2005.
    02-08-12 11:25 PM
    I try to avoid the "my device is better because" topic as well. Its kinda like talking politics or religion. It's pointless and never ends well!
    02-08-12 11:26 PM
    A few months back, after continuously annoying "my phone is best ever" comments I challenged a coworker to do something on her iphone that i couldn't do in my Torch 9800.

EVENTUALLY, after about 20 - 25 mins, she managed to win .... with facetime. Prior to that i was able to do EVERYTHING on my BB she did on her Apple. Now she doesn't make those comments ..... nor do my other shift mates. They simply stay away from the BB vs iPhone debates

off topic : Can't wait for QNX, its gonna blow them AWAY. Wanna buy new BB10 phone day it comes out .... but unless RIM offers a deal to existing BB clients, I may have to wait over a yr till my contract is up
    02-08-12 11:40 PM
    Yea I get it to, but on the other hand I do argue with them and my buddies. We rag each other everyday. Something to just pass the day?
    02-08-12 11:41 PM
    Funny, I had an iPhone user complement my Bold today saying how much he'd rather have a BlackBerry. And the other night, I'm out with my brother's friends and this girl asks to see my phone and says "I hated my old BlackBerry, but you might not get this one back!"

*I got it back*

Not only that but my Android buddy asks to look at it and says "this phone is awesome, too bad it's not running Android" *sigh, can't win 'em all*

The point is this: the Bold 99XX seems to be a phone that gets noticed and is nearly universally well-received, at least in my own experience. L'chaim.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-08-12 11:57 PM
    i dont get whats wrong with Blackberries. i dont think i'll quite on blackberries ever, unless they die (or sell themselves) or i die
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-09-12 12:26 AM
    Funny, I had an iPhone user complement my Bold today saying how much he'd rather have a BlackBerry. And the other night, I'm out with my brother's friends and this girl asks to see my phone and says "I hated my old BlackBerry, but you might not get this one back!"

*I got it back*

Not only that but my Android buddy asks to look at it and says "this phone is awesome, too bad it's not running Android" *sigh, can't win 'em all*

The point is this: the Bold 99XX seems to be a phone that gets noticed and is nearly universally well-received, at least in my own experience. L'chaim.
    A couple times now I've been told my 9860 is running android. I just smh.
    02-09-12 01:04 AM
    blackberry for life!!!
    02-09-12 01:08 AM
    I get comments about using a Blackberry a lot since I work for an indirect channel of Verizon but I simply just say it works for me and that's what matters. I do more on my device then any of them and charge it less so I'm okay with my choice.

#TeamBlackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 01:23 AM
    Oh boy do I get it as well. Just last week my manager showed me a video on his white iPhone about the 10 things you never hear someone say and one was like "man, that BlackBerry does way more than my iPhone." I simply gave him a big smile, took my Bold out of the holster, said "yup", then kissed the back of the phone.

Of the few Android and iPhone people I I know, I get the occasional sh*t as well. Occasional jabs with actual friends is fun, but as far as people you hardly know, well, trolls are real live people too.
    02-09-12 02:05 AM
    I wasn't trolled in real life for using a blackberry or nagged either. I even complemented people who had other platforms and I even respect their decisions too. I ask them this sometimes, or all the time, to anyone who asks me:

Does your smart/phone do what you want it to do?
    Are you satisfied with your smart/phone?
    Do you appreciate everything your smart/phone does, how it works and what it offers you?
    Are you happy with it?

Usually I get good responses. Anybody who buys it for being hip, or latest-greatest, is never usually satisfied at all, or ever, or even appreciates what they have. I only ask those questions if they ask me them.

Yes is to all of them if I was asked those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-09-12 02:19 AM
    I had other experience of making people switch from iPhone to Blackberry
    02-09-12 05:37 AM
    My only problem at work is that I can't get my BB onto the campus wifi network, and IT can't or won't do it for me. They "don't support" BB and that's the end of it. It would be useful, since 3G reception is unreliable in a lot of these old stone buildings.

There was a time when many faculty members and admins had university-issued BBs. That time is gone. They all use iPhones now. Apart from the students who have them, BB is dead on this campus.
    02-09-12 07:25 AM
    Yeah this isn't a "OMG like they were totally lyke discriminininating against me"

So basically we were talking about communication in the office and some one said to me (out loud for all to hear) "Some of us have iPhones" and my response was "Some of us have Blackberrys"...everyone scuffed....how immature. At least my messages make sense and don't appear that I'm trying to sex someone up "I got that a billion times".

Oh and when facing a problem to scan a Quick Response code....my little Blackberry Curve 9350 was used as a tool to deal with the issue go figure....Anyway, I love my blackberry and my GPS works better than my Android's GPS ever did.
    Blackberry is better communication device. Nothing beats keyboard. Iphone is cool, iphone has apps but given how many stupid decisions rim made there are still legions of loyal followers. Iphone users want to justify owning toy and over paying for it so they can be cool. The truth is that rim can nail it again and took some of that glory away from iphone. If os10 turns out to be superior os to ios or android do you think it will be easy for apple or google to match it. It will not. Any major changes mean compatibility issues, tests,longer relase cycles etc. The truth is that just like os7 is update to os6 so are versions of ios or android.os10 is not an update this is true new os10. And this is what iphone users are scared of because 4 months down the road they will find themselves with phone with inferior old not cool os any more with 500,000 apps out of which maybe 10 percent has any value
    02-09-12 09:21 AM
    My BB does everything I need, and nothing that I don't need (like transferring 8 MP photos back and forth, scarfing up data). Just the other day, I was with a friend (an interior designer) who was trying to show a prospective client a website on her iPhone, and had to apologize that she couldn't show them the full site because it was in Flash. I typed in the address on my Torch, and there it was, in all its Flash glory.
    Since when did BlackBerry phone browers support Flash? Did I miss something?

Or was this a joke? :/
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-12 09:28 AM
    Yeah, I get that a lot too, but I know my BB is a better device for me..I don't even argue with people anymore, it's pointless lol I've used Android for awhile for a phone and I got bored pretty quick. I do have a android tablet, so I use that for the thousands of apps that are available..I still play with my BB more than the tablet though.

#teamBB!
    02-09-12 09:31 AM
    My only problem at work is that I can't get my BB onto the campus wifi network, and IT can't or won't do it for me. They "don't support" BB and that's the end of it. It would be useful, since 3G reception is unreliable in a lot of these old stone buildings.

There was a time when many faculty members and admins had university-issued BBs. That time is gone. They all use iPhones now. Apart from the students who have them, BB is dead on this campus.
    Will they give you the credentials so you can set it up yourself? BlackBerry WiFi is pretty extensive in its support of various types of authentication methods, WiFi versions, etc.
    02-09-12 09:35 AM
    There are few things more rewarding in life than sitting in a lounge full of griping drivers who cannot use their vaunted 'superior' devices to play because they have no signal while I'm on my 'obsolete' flip sending messages and making calls. He�� hath no fury .............
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-09-12 at 09:52 AM.
    up488 likes this.
    02-09-12 09:49 AM
    Blackberry is better communication device. Nothing beats keyboard. Iphone is cool, iphone has apps but given how many stupid decisions rim made there are still legions of loyal followers. Iphone users want to justify owning toy and over paying for it so they can be cool. The truth is that rim can nail it again and took some of that glory away from iphone. If os10 turns out to be superior os to ios or android do you think it will be easy for apple or google to match it. It will not. Any major changes mean compatibility issues, tests,longer relase cycles etc. The truth is that just like os7 is update to os6 so are versions of ios or android.os10 is not an update this is true new os10. And this is what iphone users are scared of because 4 months down the road they will find themselves with phone with inferior old not cool os any more with 500,000 apps out of which maybe 10 percent has any value
    Brilliant
    02-09-12 09:57 AM
    Really?

10char
    02-09-12 09:58 AM
    Maybe he meant the camera flash.
    Lead_Express likes this.
    02-09-12 10:52 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD