I'm not completely sure about this, but before the visual voicemail, I had to call into the voicemail box which appeared as many one minute phone calls on my bill. The visual voicemail doesn't require you to call into your voicemail box. Does that mean we aren't being charged for voicemails anymore?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:51 PM
    anyone have an answer to this?
    09-04-09 07:16 PM
    Visual Voice Mail does not call your voicemail box. All your voicemail is pushed straight to your device. There you have the option to save it to your phone, play, pause, respond via text or voice message etc.

There are also some pretty sweet benefits, longer messages, more messages, longer message retention, fax straight to your voicemail, etc.
    09-04-09 09:39 PM
    That's cool. So I'm not charged for checking my voicemail? That's surely a plus. Thanks for the response.

09-04-09 10:07 PM
    Yeap no charge. The only charge is the $2.99 to have VVM. Which to me is more than worth it
    09-04-09 10:43 PM
    The cost depends on the carrier. I can't see which carrier the OP has, since I'm on the mobile version. VVM is free with AT&T.

09-04-09 10:47 PM
    i never used it. doesnt bother me to check my vmails. I tend to try to pick up every call anyways
    09-04-09 10:50 PM
    i never used it. doesnt bother me to check my vmails. I tend to try to pick up every call anyways
    I screen my calls. Whether I answer or reject depends on who is calling.

09-04-09 10:53 PM
    Didn't know of visual voicemail might have to check into this if its cheaper then the regular voice mail cost

09-04-09 11:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure on ATT the voicemail calls were considered in network, so it was same as mobile to mobile and therefore did not use your minutes? Am I right anyone? And VVM is free on ATT so its no different as far as charges

09-04-09 11:03 PM
    The cost depends on the carrier. I can't see which carrier the OP has, since I'm on the mobile version. VVM is free with AT&T.

That is very true! I just assumed he was Verizon... Not sure why I did that.
    09-04-09 11:08 PM
    That is very true! I just assumed he was Verizon... Not sure why I did that.
    Not a problem.

The feature is new to AT&T. Verizon folks have been able to get it for a while.

09-04-09 11:11 PM
    I am with ATT. Just got visual voicemail some weeks ago on my Bold. I was just wondering about being assesed the usual one to two minutes on my bill for checking my voicemail. It is a really cool feauture and it is totally free from ATT. I really like that. Too bad for those who didn't upgrade yet and will have to wait for it to be released again later.

09-06-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD