I've used Android and BB10 and I'm not sure what you mean about how Android "doesn't integrate emails with everything." Gmail isn't my preferred client either (Outlook is) and I don't use the stock Gmail app at all. My emails are just fine with integration, if you're talking about access to folders and sharing from different apps.
    I do use Gmail but believe you are right. I don't understand when people talk about how Android is so difficult to use. I will say this again, if such problems existed, it wouldn't sell so well.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    03-22-14 09:11 AM
    Mid tier!?!. That is the problem here. In sheer specs here blackberry may seem inferior to the galaxy brand but the beauty of bb10 is the fact that it doesn't need high specs to run perfectly. All my android devices boasted higher specs than Blackberry's but all ran like ****. The OS wasn't smooth at all. Which makes me come to the conclusion that in order for Android to flow smooth, it needs more resources that BB10 handles just fine.

I also have a nexus tablet and its a sweat machine but even the tablet doesn't handle how my emails integrates itself with everything. It's hard to explain the way BlackBerry does what I'm talking about. It's something you would have to experience using BB10. If you use a blackberry to manage your day like I do with mine, you would understand. It's not the same experience with android unless your using Gmail as your preferred email. Gmail isn't my preferred email so I have to either used the crappy one that came with android, or download another crappy one from the store. With BlackBerry it doesn't matter what email you have, bb10 will provide you with a great experience regardless of your email provider. BlackBerry does push you to use a certain email. It works the same for any email. That's something that android or shall I say Google will not allow to happen since they want everyone using gmail.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the Z30 is mid tier. The screen is not sharp enough for me. The device is not slim and trim like the latest LG.

I found that the standard mail was not working well after KitKat was installed. I wrote Google and they responded that I should use an App. I use Aqua now with no complaints.

In my opinion women in particular would not be drawn to the all black masculine look of the Z30. Where is the white model ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-22-14 10:27 AM
    Mid tier!?!. That is the problem here. In sheer specs here blackberry may seem inferior to the galaxy brand but the beauty of bb10 is the fact that it doesn't need high specs to run perfectly. All my android devices boasted higher specs than Blackberry's but all ran like ****. The OS wasn't smooth at all. Which makes me come to the conclusion that in order for Android to flow smooth, it needs more resources that BB10 handles just fine.
    On pure specs alone of course its mid tier. There will be 2K screens out very soon, the quad core processors wont be going anywhere and cutting edge specs in other departments such as camera and camera software.

Android needs less to run on, 4.4 is built for devices running 512mb of ram. BB10 needs 2 gig doesnt it? Most of the time, androids sloppy running is due to custom skins placed over them and a complete lack of optermisation (im looking at you Samsung). This is were BB and Apple do very well by being able to optermise their own operating system.
    03-23-14 01:09 PM
    I do use Gmail but believe you are right. I don't understand when people talk about how Android is so difficult to use. I will say this again, if such problems existed, it wouldn't sell so well.
    I think that last line is mostly true, though I'd say that the best argument against the claim that Android is difficult to use is that it hasn't had any apparent difficulty in retaining customers that have previously purchased Android devices. You can certainly argue that "marketing" can push people into an initial purchase, but marketing alone generally won't get people to make repeat purchases if they are not satisfied with the original purchase.
    03-23-14 01:38 PM
    I think that last line is mostly true, though I'd say that the best argument against the claim that Android is difficult to use is that it hasn't had any apparent difficulty in retaining customers that have previously purchased Android devices. You can certainly argue that "marketing" can push people into an initial purchase, but marketing alone generally won't get people to make repeat purchases if they are not satisfied with the original purchase.
    Exactly.

This simple fact mostly invalidates the "all it needs is marketing" argument.
    03-23-14 05:26 PM
    True. That's why Blackberry did so well for so long, because they gave their customers what they wanted. Then the market changed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 05:30 PM
    Speaking as a smartphone user who uses, hmm - 3 apps? - I can't really comment on this. I've also only paid a couple bucks for an app, but I did just download Netflix on my laptop; so I'm okay with paying monthly fees if it's for something like that.

My brother grabbed a Nexus for a short time. It was pretty cool. But the user who talked about how Google Now worked dispelled quite a few of my fears if I ever do decide to switch to Android (and it would be a Sony Xperia Z1, or L... Whichever one is smaller ).
    03-23-14 06:07 PM
    True. That's why Blackberry did so well for so long, because they gave their customers what they wanted. Then the market changed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Actually, it's more like that what customers wanted changed, and Blackberry (as a company) was very slow to react to that.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-14 11:18 AM
    Just to be clear, "Android" and "Droid" are not interchangeable. "Droid" refers only to a specific set of devices available only on Verizon, while Android devices are available basically everywhere.

Also, I'm not clear on how owning the Nexus 5 informs you on the Apple experience, kind of like how owning an iPhone wouldn't inform you on what it's like to own a Nexus device. The experiences of Apple and Nexus devices are broadly similar, but only broadly; they actually reflect very different philospohies.

Your post also makes another point. You liked your 9930 and considered a BBRY device when you switched carriers, yet you ultimately chose to switch platforms. This is one of BBRY's biggest issues. . . users which are happy with their current BBRY device, but when they have to buy a new device they get something different. It's this tendency that T-Mobile took advantage of with their recent promotion.
    Very good post.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-26-14 12:34 AM
    No one finds it odd that we're discussing the evil of ad-supported models on a free discussion site that makes money from placing targeted ads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure about iPad but CB10 app running on BlackBerry 10 shows no ads. They do announce some deals from their store on regular basis though.

But the question is the quantity of ads. I compared similar apps on BlackBerry and android and found higher number on android. It included dictionary apps, browser and games. Today I suggested the 2048 game to a friend and noticed ads at the end of the game which is not happening on my Z10.

Some people speculated that the picture will change once BlackBerry announces monetizing of bbm but for some reason I doubt that my phone would become and advertising machine.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:45 PM
    04-05-14 05:25 PM
186 ... 678