So I went to AT&T today to upgrade my phone. I was eyeing the 8900, but then started to lean towards the Bold. A rep came over to talk to me, and she told me something I didnt know. Apparently, effective since the start of June, ALL PDA/smart phones had to have the data plan with them. (please dont flame me for going to get a BB without a data plan, I have my reasons) Anyways, I got a 16 gig white Iphone for 150 plus the data plan obviously. Sorry guys, I really was going to get a BB, but it just didnt work out :/
    06-09-09 06:49 PM
    You were going to get a BB without a data plan but ended up with an Iphone with data plan???? Uhm,......
    Last edited by google123; 06-09-09 at 06:54 PM. Reason: _
    06-09-09 06:53 PM
    Well I am sure the store agent has a good commission for this. Good luck with your iPhone.
    06-09-09 06:55 PM
    if only u knew how much ull regret it
    06-09-09 06:58 PM
    hey ya need to get what works for you ....
    but to my understanding ya still got a data plan ????????????
    06-09-09 06:59 PM
    You were going to get a BB without a data plan but ended up with an Iphone with data plan???? Uhm,......
    I was thinking the same thing.......doesn't add up at all......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 07:00 PM
    you dont need to flame him.
    he made a decision with his money.
    i am sure he has done his homework and maybe the ipohne better suits him.

either way.
    i hope you enjoy your iphone.
    06-09-09 07:00 PM
    Thanks Chris and BXMD. I agree with both of you. It's his money,
    his choice and it it works for him all the best.

@Antioch216: Just because you went with the iPhone
    there is no reason for you to not drop in if you wish. You are
    always welcomed at Crackberry.com no matter what phone you have.
    06-09-09 07:06 PM
    I like the iPhone. I think it's hot. But not for me. I just couldn't type on it.
    06-09-09 07:16 PM
    yeah, I could get the 3GS, but why spend 50 extra dollars? All I would have to do is get the 3.0 update as soon as the S comes out. And yeah, i did get the data plan cause either way I would have had to, but I saved close to 100 dollars versus the Bold. And a sincere thanks to the people that understand where Im coming from
    06-09-09 07:25 PM
    No need to apologize.
    06-09-09 07:27 PM
    So I went to AT&T today to upgrade my phone. I was eyeing the 8900, but then started to lean towards the Bold. A rep came over to talk to me, and she told me something I didnt know. Apparently, effective since the start of June, ALL PDA/smart phones had to have the data plan with them. (please dont flame me for going to get a BB without a data plan, I have my reasons) Anyways, I got a 16 gig white Iphone for 150 plus the data plan obviously. Sorry guys, I really was going to get a BB, but it just didnt work out :/
    I give it 2 months before you regret the decision. Lol. Maybe less. And your reasoning just flat out doesn't make sense? You had a BB with no data plan, and bc they now require data plans for mail-in rebates, you went and got an iphone that makes you keep the data plan for the life of the phone????

06-09-09 07:29 PM
    it all came down to the final price of the phone. The iPhone is was cheaper than a BB would have cost. and I'm not a business owner or anything, I'm just a student so I guess the best features of an BB wouldnt really apply to me like BBmessenger
    06-09-09 07:35 PM
    To everyone trashing this guy...grow up. His reasoning doesn't need to make sense to anyone but him. Leave the guy be...I hope you enjoy your Iphone, dont be a stranger!
    06-09-09 07:35 PM
    I give it 2 months before you regret the decision. Lol. Maybe less. And your reasoning just flat out doesn't make sense? You had a BB with no data plan, and bc they now require data plans for mail-in rebates, you went and got an iphone that makes you keep the data plan for the life of the phone????

I actually changed from the iPhone to the Bold after about 4 months cause I needed to save a couple hundred bucks. My Bold cost me 730 after taxes.
    06-09-09 07:41 PM
    alright, I guess looking at it from the outside, it wouldn't really make sense, but it does from where I'm standing. And don't worry guys, I'm not an Apple fanboy or a stuck-up Apple punk. I really do like BB just as much. It just came down to my finances and all. Maybe in 2 years, I'll pick up one of the new BB
    06-09-09 07:41 PM
    Enjoy your new iphone.
    06-09-09 07:58 PM
    alright, I guess looking at it from the outside, it wouldn't really make sense, but it does from where I'm standing. And don't worry guys, I'm not an Apple fanboy or a stuck-up Apple punk. I really do like BB just as much. It just came down to my finances and all. Maybe in 2 years, I'll pick up one of the new BB
    Finances! I hear ya... I don't think I still would have had a BB yet if it wasn't for Big Red's buy one get one promo!

Enjoy your IPhone!!
    06-09-09 07:59 PM
    you do know there is a new iphone coming out in a few days, right?
    06-09-09 08:01 PM
    There's nothing wrong with having an Iphone, I know some friends that have it and love it... it's not wasting your money or " oh i give you so many months and you'll be back" I don't know why the bashing, each person has a certain want and like. I think the Iphone is cool and has cool apps if I didn't have so many ties to the BB now or was just starting out with a smart phone I too could have gone the way of the Iphone.

No need to bash.. enjoy your Iphone, you'll have a blast with it... isn't that what it's all about?
    Last edited by DigtheBerry; 06-09-09 at 08:07 PM.
    06-09-09 08:04 PM
    I have to disagree with the bbm comment the OP posted. I don't use my bb for business. Its personal and I use bbm everyday. Typically that's all I ever use. I rarely plain text anymore.

06-09-09 09:43 PM
    There's nothing wrong with having an Iphone, I know some friends that have it and love it... it's not wasting your money or " oh i give you so many months and you'll be back" I don't know why the bashing, each person has a certain want and like. I think the Iphone is cool and has cool apps if I didn't have so many ties to the BB now or was just starting out with a smart phone I too could have gone the way of the Iphone.

No need to bash.. enjoy your Iphone, you'll have a blast with it... isn't that what it's all about?
    I agree. So why do so many folks feel like they have to apologize in a thread, for getting the phone they like? It's a phone. Nobody got left at the altar.

OP, enjoy your iPhone and don't apologize for it!
    06-09-09 09:47 PM
    wow what a choice ..but its your money and if it works good luck
    06-09-09 10:09 PM
    Good luck with the iphone. If I could type on the darn thing it might be alright.

On another note, I think you were given bad info on this alleged requirement to have a data plan with all PDA/Smartphones. My wife and son both use BB's without data plans with no problems, and no one from AT&T has had any problem with it.
    06-09-09 10:23 PM
    you do know there is a new iphone coming out in a few days, right?
    Yeah but with the new iphone coming out the old one is a lot cheaper now

06-09-09 10:29 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD