Voice Long distance charge - Home Ca 0.10
    Data Data Usage - Monthly Plan 768.00 K b 0.00
    One full month of use, 0.76 Mb. A drop in the bucket for my 6 Gb plan.

The other charge I wanted to verfiy was International calling. That was a brief test call to compare voice quality vs calling card, and to verify the cost of calling. Not bad.

10-09-08 02:45 PM
    Who's the provider Stoner? I can't see from the wap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 02:47 PM
    The Infamous Rogers.

The PDF version of the bill is great, saves lots of trees. All of the agreed on services and charges were there, including the notorious System Access Fee that is being challenged in a class action suit.

What I am so pleased to verify is how little data it takes for my normal use. The turmoil in the market place drove the frequency of it's alerting, it was always on, getting plenty of input.

10-09-08 02:56 PM
    system access fee is highway robbery
    10-09-08 03:03 PM
    I havne't gotten my first bill yet from Nextel since I switched over to the CrackBerry. I'm on the simply unlimited everything is included plan for BlackBerry users. I can do anything, anytime, anywhere and it costs me one flat rate a month. My S/O is self employed and has had this plan for a while, but no blackberry. He yabbers on his phone non - stop and has been a God-send to avoid those $700 a month phone bills after he blazes through a thousand minutes in the first week of the month.

I wasn't going to do that plan, but after she added in the data plan and texting plan, it was $6 less than the simply unlimited plan, so I figured WTH. I can find $6 in my couch cushions.
    10-09-08 03:07 PM
    I'm wondering what the difference between us is. I am online with my device all day, Reed. My data usage is way, way over yours, lol. At home I generally use my device instead of my pc -- I'm on the sofa chillen with the WiFi and HD TV, haha.

10-09-08 03:10 PM
    Oh, Cold. I hardly use any minutes because at home all my calls are UMA and don't count against my minutes. My Wife loves this because we share 2000 minutes a month and she uses 1500 or more of them, haha.

10-09-08 03:16 PM
    My first Verizon bill showed 127,xxx,xxx,xxx that's GIGabyte this month is better I have only used 46 meg so far. best 29.99 Ive spent in a long time.
    10-09-08 03:19 PM
    This is my Pearl, the first cell phone I have subscribed to since I retired. Getting away from them was my reward.

My off plan use of the Curve, I have my new bots set to gather what interests me and that is what is going the Pearl now.

I am getting accomplished with the tiny keyboard, but that, and the tiny screen makes browsing less of a joy then my Curve.

It works great as intended, I am UMA enabled with an unlimited national calling plan and a huge data bucket to make up for that.

Truth is, when I am WAP browsing, it is still the trusty WiFi Curve, most of the time.

10-09-08 03:26 PM
    My first bill from Rogers was pure pleasure (yeah I know- wtf) after getting away from Bell.

I pretty much couldn't go over my minutes/usage if I tried.
    10-09-08 08:29 PM
    My first bill from Rogers was pure pleasure (yeah I know- wtf) after getting away from Bell.

I pretty much couldn't go over my minutes/usage if I tried.
    I have had this nagging fear, all month, something would mess up and I would have to deal with CS.

I can not say enough about the Rogers Wireless gal, she knew her stuff and got everything exactly right. Of course, I was an easy sale, she just had to find all the right contract options.

I now have a baseline, I can understand why the 1.5 Mb entry package made sense for many.

Of course, now I am challenged to pick up my data use next month.

10-09-08 09:19 PM
    I haven't received my first bill from T-Mobile yet. I'm in a promotional plan with unlimited calling and unlimited BB data for 69.99 USD. My first cycle closed yesterday. I used only about 3 megabytes of data, but more than 6000 minutes of voice calls!
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 10-09-08 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-09-08 10:16 PM
    Omg. Unlimited calls???
    How did I miss this promotion lol.

Luckily T-Mobile offers unlimited data for a pretty cheap price, so I'm happy with my little 1000min, unlimited texting and data. Nice $75 bill.

10-09-08 10:39 PM
    I haven't received my first bill yet. I also have the sprint unlimited everything plan. But I'm still nervous that there's some hidden cap somewhere that I'll hit and they'll shut me down.
    And I'm a full addict now. I don't know what I'll do if they take away my BB o_O
    10-09-08 10:57 PM
    Omg. Unlimited calls???
    How did I miss this promotion lol.

Luckily T-Mobile offers unlimited data for a pretty cheap price, so I'm happy with my little 1000min, unlimited texting and data. Nice $75 bill.
    It's a promo plan available for a limited time to "celebrate" T-Mobile's entrance into Puerto Rico. It is not available elsewhere.
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 10-09-08 at 11:08 PM.
    10-09-08 11:05 PM
    One full month of use, 0.76 Mb. A drop in the bucket for my 6 Gb plan.

The other charge I wanted to verfiy was International calling. That was a brief test call to compare voice quality vs calling card, and to verify the cost of calling. Not bad.

Data Data Usage - Monthly Plan 49211.00 Kb

... ...
    10-10-08 01:26 AM

Of course, now I am challenged to pick up my data use next month.

Using Google Maps with satelite images might help
    10-10-08 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD