It's an option, not a necessity. You do get to keep 10 songs a month if you have the subscription. It's not for everyone though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    and of course me being the moron i am and not thinking that you can just load it with all your own media anyway im sure
    09-13-09 09:31 PM
    Id suggest keeping the ipod and getting Pandora for your blackberry.
    09-13-09 09:39 PM
    Since I got the Storm, my ipod touch just gathers dust.
    09-13-09 09:40 PM
    I stopped using my ipod altogether after someone gave me a free 16gb microsd card.

Even my MacBook Pro usage has dropped 70% because everything I need to do on it, I can easily access on my Blackberry Tour.
    09-14-09 12:08 AM
    I have an iPod nano and a BB. The main reason I don't use my BB for my media player is because I can't hold as much stuff on it and because it seriously drains the battery.

My BB is a good stand in when I forget my iPod, but I would never get rid of it. Until I can listen to my BB for 8 or 9 hrs and only use at most 1/3 of the battery, I won't be using it.
    09-14-09 02:17 AM
    The short answer: no.

The long answer: it depends on if you're a power listener or not.

As much as I love my Blackberry, it's not truly made to play media. A few songs here and there, but definitely not a longterm option because that's not what it's truly meant to be. I consider myself a pretty heavy music listener, so my phone isn't built to withstand my usage. If you're not a heavy user, then maybe.

09-14-09 04:11 AM
    I don't have an iPod but I do have a Sandisk Sansa. It stays in the car and the BB stays with me.
    09-14-09 04:20 AM
    The short answer: no.

The long answer: it depends on if you're a power listener or not.

As much as I love my Blackberry, it's not truly made to play media. A few songs here and there, but definitely not a longterm option because that's not what it's truly meant to be. I consider myself a pretty heavy music listener, so my phone isn't built to withstand my usage. If you're not a heavy user, then maybe.

+1, I agree with you, its just I don't have a mp3 player so I use Pandora for my music.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-14-09 04:25 AM
    what exactly is it that makes a BB not a good media player? if you can adapt to your environment theres no reason you can listen to it a whole work day. ive used mine for up to 7 hours straight and it worked fine.......on a construction site.

just asking since ive used everything from when portable cd players were the hottest technology to the 1st mp3 players that held a whopping 64mb to a nano which just recently had a burial at see to WM phones and others to now my BB which does a fine job so far.

*whew what a run on*
    09-14-09 08:17 PM
    nooo I love my ipod!

I use the bb media player at work when I'm bored or when I'm chilling with my bf and his roomie and we need music.
    09-14-09 08:27 PM
    Since I got the Storm, my ipod touch just gathers dust.
    Ditto that since I got the 16GB card. Always found the iPod Touch to be a PITA to use, unlike the clickwheel iPods.

Still use my 16GB Nano, but can see me using the Storm more now that I have my "must have" playlists on it.
    09-14-09 08:41 PM
    I did. I really don't understand why people think the BB sucks as a media player. Mine does just fine. Why on earth would I want to have to manage two devices when my BB plays music just as well as my iPod? Add in Pandora and I really can't see myself using an iPod again.
    09-14-09 09:25 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD