Hey guys I need some imput here. I got a Curve 8900 and an iPod Chromatic-should I ditch the iPod and put all my music and movies on my Berry?
    Thanks in advance for your imput!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 08:16 PM
    Heck no!! The BlackBerry truly sucks as a media player.
    09-05-09 08:19 PM
    Heck no!! The BlackBerry truly sucks as a media player.
    yep yep
    i dont like the volume too cuz i find it too loud even on the lowest one lol
    plus its a pain when the bb goes to sleep or something
    09-05-09 08:27 PM
    My storm is my media player for months and I'm loving it.

09-05-09 08:29 PM
    I wouldn't suggest getting rid of it...However, I would suggest copying your media to the BlackBerry. While the BlackBerry is in need of a serious upgrade to its Media applications, I don't think its "horrible". There are definitely going to be times when you don't want to, or times when you can't, carry two devices. When those situations do occur the BlackBerry will most likely be the device you choose to carry because of the phone feature. A simple copy to the sdCard will ensure you've ALWAYS got the media you want/need...

ALB
    Last edited by alb123; 09-05-09 at 08:49 PM.
    09-05-09 08:32 PM
    I haven't touched my ipod for weeks, but its not because I have tons of media on my BB. I have simply been using Pandora and iheartradio exclusively for my entertainment needs.

09-05-09 08:45 PM
    I still got my touchscreen ipod an plan on keeping it with my berry

09-05-09 09:38 PM
    I use my Tour for music when I'm at work. With a 8GB card, I got my favorite albums on there, so I can listen when I don't have meetings or have to run around the building.

That said, the iPod Touch is the music gold standard in my gadget collection. Better sound aside (not to mention 32GB vs. 8GB), the Remote app to control my PC's iTunes library makes it a necessity.

So short answer? Yes, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. BBs can do many things...handling music smoothly isn't one of them.
    Last edited by mensahdemary; 09-05-09 at 09:57 PM.
    09-05-09 09:43 PM
    Like another here I have stopped carrying around my iPod in favor of running Pandora on my BB...

Instead of carrying around my iPod, I bought a connector for my car stereo that both charges it and allows me to use it via my car deck. Saved me a ton of money on blank CD's and I always have a fully charged iPod when I need it..
    09-05-09 09:51 PM
    LOL never! When i have a phone i keep it as a phone.. I never listen music with it because it drains my battery and it just plainly sucks. Keep your berry AND your ipod hehe
    09-06-09 12:29 AM
    Keep the ipod. You already have it and it works. Like another person said; put some of your favourites on you BB for when you don't want to carry both. I carry my curve and an ipod touch because I use them both differently.

09-06-09 12:45 AM
    I don't know what it's like to have a good music player. The BB works well enough for my needs, music loaded up along with Nobex radio player works perfectly for me. I carry around a spare battery and a charging cable, and also have a decent set of Bluetooth stereo headphones.
    09-06-09 08:44 AM
    I have an ipod classic; all my disks are on it, plus much more. I never listen to the conventional radio. Sometimes I listen to Pandora on the 8330; but rarely, because of the reasons above.
    Keep the ipod, I couldn't make it without mine.
    09-06-09 09:07 AM
    not if you want a dead phone. thats a fast way to drain the battery
    09-06-09 10:57 AM
    I have my music loaded on both tour and ipod. If I'm traveling, I just bring the bb and make due with it's somewhat less friendly media player, but if I'm just around town or jumping in the car, I bring the ipod as well. Really don't like carrying two things, so I mostly leave the ipod in the car.
    09-06-09 11:02 AM
    Also that to I always am plugging my ipod either my touch ipod or shuffle ipod into my car deck to play the tunes I haven't bought as many or burnt cds nearly as often with tunes on ipod an keeps berry free for other apps and stuff

09-06-09 11:09 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the imput! Looks like I'm keeping the iPod!
    09-13-09 11:27 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the imput! Looks like I'm keeping the iPod!
    Thank goodness. Trading your iPod for the 8900 as a media player would be
    like when Memphis traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown.
    09-13-09 12:30 PM
    I always use my Ipod Touch for my mp3 and entertainment needs and my bb curve for my phone, texting, ect needs.
    09-13-09 12:54 PM
    16gb micro, pandora, slacker, and siriusXM for blackberry has eliminated 2 of 3 devices i used to use. the tours media player seems to work just fine for me.

for some reason ive never damaged any phone ive ever had but ive managed to wash every ipod ive ever had.
    09-13-09 08:20 PM
    I'd say keep the ipod. I have the 120 gb classic and I charge it once a week (use it every day). The Tour's battery will definitely last me the day with everything I do on it. But I still have to charge it every night. Using it as a media player must make you have to charge it during the day. Stick with the dedicated player
    09-13-09 08:27 PM
    Yes you can ditch the iPod. Next, on Tuesday you can go buy the new Zune HD in 16 or 32gb. Ipod won't even come close when this player is released.

09-13-09 09:17 PM
    isnt the zunes whole deal like "renting" music? you pay monthly for music and if you dont pay it doesnt work?
    09-13-09 09:20 PM
    I have an ipod, but I only use it in my truck, but I recently discovered pandora and slacker so I listen to those occasionally on my bb because it's always with me.
    09-13-09 09:26 PM
    isnt the zunes whole deal like "renting" music? you pay monthly for music and if you dont pay it doesnt work?
    It's an option, not a necessity. You do get to keep 10 songs a month if you have the subscription. It's not for everyone though. I'd take the ipod (or zune ) over the berry anyday.

09-13-09 09:29 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD