As much as I adore my Curve, and how it seems zippy compared to Android (which I compare to Microsoft Windows as far as stability and speed goes) there sadly are a few apps that do not yet run on it, and force me back to Android. I had tested many tablets, demod phones and versions 1.0 to 3.0 to find them laggy, full of bugs, and lousy wifi connections. I also own a Coby Kyros for a year running 2.1Eclair which is so beat that the screen is separating from the rest of the device. So I decided to replace it with the BlackBerry-sized Archos tablet which has 2.2 Froyo and costs 40 $ less. So far it has beat the Kyros to oblivion on speed and the screen is far more responsive and accurate. So maybe this can give me less headaches than I have had for Android and for apps my Curve has yet to run. I hope my views of Android can be blamed on shoddy hardware but my love prefers RIM always

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 05:59 PM
    Hey cool if you like it and it works for you.
    09-12-11 06:45 PM
    Well my BB does everything short of Angry Birds and downloading music. All 136 of the songs on my Curve I must give credit to Android whether I like it or not. Maybe a Playbook in my future eh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 11:11 PM
    archos makes a pretty good lower priced item. I almost got one about a year ago but held out until the higher end Asus and Acer came out. The asus was only $100 more and you did gain a ton in specs and also build quality/support
    09-13-11 11:22 AM
    Archos does have the only tablet with a micro hard drive though, so it's background in video recording does make it king of tablet storage.

CS
    09-13-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD