12-27-12 11:08 AM
    But will it render CrackBerry.com any faster and smoother?
    anon1727506 and Acumenight like this.
    12-27-12 11:16 AM
    I received one from MLB promoting BB10

Got another email from rim (Browsing, re-invented.)-capture.jpg
    12-27-12 11:34 AM
    They must have done some tweaks runs faster for me now compared to a week back.

Got the Blackberry official news updates, no MLB one though.
    But will it render CrackBerry.com any faster and smoother?
    12-27-12 11:52 AM
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-27-12 12:11 PM
    hadn't seen that video before. thanx!
    spike12 likes this.
    12-27-12 12:17 PM
    @kbz1960

12-27-12 12:34 PM
    No wonder it took so long, RIM's been out reinventing the wheel instead of copying what works....
    Dapper37 and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-27-12 12:44 PM
    No wonder it took so long, RIM's been out reinventing the wheel instead of copying what works....
    I disagree. Mobile web browsing has a ton of room for improvement across all platforms.
    12-27-12 07:31 PM
    I disagree. Mobile web browsing has a ton of room for improvement across all platforms.
    What about for people that do things like read? I don't know what I am missing out on other than browser incompatibility issues.
    12-27-12 07:58 PM
    What about for people that do things like read? I don't know what I am missing out on other than browser incompatibility issues.
    Well if you just want to read, you're fine. But being realistic, theres a entire other half of mobile web users that do more than read..

The mobile web experience has been tainted with the call for apps (thanks to Apple). RIM is aiming to rejuvenate the mobile web browsing experience.

You also have to understand, not everyone is app crazy. Some people have smart phones without any third-party apps. In all seriousness, why is there an app for the new networks like CNN, ESPN, FOX, CNBC, etc? Mobile devices should have a strong enough browser to handle heavy content sites and render them properly without the need to download an app.

Not bashing, but Apple started this app thing by intentionally building a device with a mediocre web browser. That strategy forced companies to build an app to render their website properly on the iPhone. Not hating...it was genius. Now you have a situation that everyone wants an app for this and that. Ask yourself this, would it be less effort to open up a browser compared to an app - if the browser was just as strong? The effort is the same. One may argue that you have to type the URL, but that's what homepage bookmarks are for.

RIM can open up the flood gates on how mobile browsing could and should be, releasing the "app shackles" that many mobile users now have.

An app should be an extension of your website, not your actual website.
    hudsong, Korepab, Dapper37 and 2 others like this.
    12-27-12 09:16 PM
    Well if you just want to read, you're fine. But being realistic, theres a entire other half of mobile web users that do more than read..

The mobile web experience has been tainted with the call for apps (thanks to Apple). RIM is aiming to rejuvenate the mobile web browsing experience.

You also have to understand, not everyone is app crazy. Some people have smart phones without any third-party apps. In all seriousness, why is there an app for the new networks like CNN, ESPN, FOX, CNBC, etc? Mobile devices should have a strong enough browser to handle heavy content sites and render them properly without the need to download an app.

Not bashing, but Apple started this app thing by intentionally building a device with a mediocre web browser. That strategy forced companies to build an app to render their website properly on the iPhone. Not hating...it was genius. Now you have a situation that everyone wants an app for this and that. Ask yourself this, would it be less effort to open up a browser compared to an app - if the browser was just as strong? The effort is the same. One may argue that you have to type the URL, but that's what homepage bookmarks are for.

RIM can open up the flood gates on how mobile browsing could and should be, releasing the "app shackles" that many mobile users now have.

An app should be an extension of your website, not your actual website.
    You do realize that most people using a MOBILE device now have limited bandwidth allotments. I'd much rather click one button, and open a mobile site that is designed to be viewed on a small screen and doesn't eat into my monthly allotment. Even on a 7" tablet some sites are very difficult to navigate because everything is shrunk down so much or there are so many ads. Mobile site tend to limit the ads and provide a better navigation experience. That said, most Apps are not just short-cuts to mobile websites - they only people that I know that have true modern smartphones without any 3rd Party Apps... are a few BB owners that have phones still running BBOS5 on them.
    12-28-12 08:24 AM

An app should be an extension of your website, not your actual websi te.
    It sounds like that is the plan. Can't wait! Just my opinion, but less apps is better for me. I would rather have a browser that is capable of handling all kinds of different web sites. At this point, I'd be much more impressed with BB10 browser running netflix (just an example) than having an app for it. Certain types of applications are great, obviously. But as you said, even now I can put homescreen links to any news site and it works. Why download an app to do the same thing?
    12-28-12 08:38 AM
    It sounds like that is the plan. Can't wait! Just my opinion, but less apps is better for me. I would rather have a browser that is capable of handling all kinds of different web sites. At this point, I'd be much more impressed with BB10 browser running netflix (just an example) than having an app for it. Certain types of applications are great, obviously. But as you said, even now I can put homescreen links to any news site and it works. Why download an app to do the same thing?
    Exactly.

There's been some rumors about Netflix gearing up for BB10. I believe that the app would be web-based (web launcher with a look & feel geared towards the mobile device). This would be a faster development in my opinion.

Earlier this year, there was talks of Skype utilizing HTML5 to create a richer web experience. I believe Skype is looking for this to be an all platform solution. With Windows owning that, I see this being more the case as they would probably execute the app for WP's only to boost phone sales.

As I stated many times, web-based (web-launchers) will become the solution for developers. No need for updating then reporting porting apps, simply update the website code and the user will automatically be updated with that experience. Cheaper and time-savings for developers. Everyone's really happy then.

If the BB10 browser is truly a knockout as many has stated - YOU WILL NOT SEE A TON OF APPS COMING. I'm sorry if I just made someone sad, but it only makes sense for a developer to utilize a simpler solution.

Of course, games and utility apps doesn't belong in this conversation, apps are still needed for that.
    12-28-12 09:34 AM