Hi guys

I have 9700 just had it for over year problem is it showing that i have 2 new messages i have checked all my email accounts plus sms/mms/spam/wap ect i have taken the battery out for 5mins still showing i have 2 messages. rest off the emails are read and deleted please help
    09-05-11 03:40 PM
    There will be two messages somewhere that you havent clicked onto and read. Its not immediately obvious which ones they are - usually theyre just a little bit bolder that the read messages, but theyll definitely be there somewhere.
    09-05-11 03:48 PM
    I've had this too. It ended up being a couple of messages that I'd missed ages ago. Like Steveraven said, if you scroll through you'll find them.
    09-05-11 03:53 PM
    i have yahoo hotmail virginmedia accounts i been through them couple times deleted avery thing inbox all acounts empty
    09-05-11 04:04 PM
    Sometimes they just don't show up in your global inbox for some reason. Click the menu/bb button and click view folders, then look at all your email folders for ones that have unread emails. They will be their in one of the folders.

CS
    09-05-11 04:09 PM
    Or you can go all the way to the top and mark all previous read. It's worked for me.
    09-05-11 04:27 PM
    i have tried avery thing even deleted all the mail from pc took battery out still the same
    09-05-11 04:35 PM
    a couple missed calls?
    09-05-11 04:39 PM
    I've accidentally hit "Save Messages" instead of delete messages. If you do this with unread messages, they will still show as unread. Go to "View Saved Messages" to see if that's what happened to you.
    09-05-11 04:42 PM
    Copy/paste Hidden Messages into search.
    sorry nothing coming up also checked saved messages
    09-05-11 04:54 PM
    Go to your text messages and move the marker to the latest DATE you have, then press the menu button and click onto 'mark prior as opened' or anything similar that it might say.

Then do the same thing with all your email accounts.

Also check that you read all your social network notifications, any BlackBerry AppWorld messages, and also delete your missed call notifications.

After that you should be fine.
    09-05-11 04:56 PM
    Hi guys

I have 9700 just had it for over year problem is it showing that i have 2 new messages i have checked all my email accounts plus sms/mms/spam/wap ect i have taken the battery out for 5mins still showing i have 2 messages. rest off the emails are read and deleted please help
    If you go to your messages and type U then your unread messages should show up.
    09-05-11 04:57 PM
    If you go to your messages and type U then your unread messages should show up.
    all other messages show up there is no unread messages
    09-05-11 05:05 PM
    This just happened to me as well, so I did a battery pull. No notification icon anymore.
    Your situation is odd....
    09-05-11 05:14 PM
    will try to sort it in morning Thanks guys
    09-05-11 05:24 PM
    all other messages show up there is no unread messages
    It might be from Google voice, I have had that happen to me, so look to see if there are any messages there.
    09-05-11 05:26 PM
    Sounds familiar.....I have the same problem but with voicemail. My 8330 will notify me that I have a new voicemail and it will show under my message list as a vm but when I dial my voicemail it won't be there. There won't be a missed call like there is when someone leaves me a vm. This doesn't happen to all vm's. Could some kind of social networking notification be showing up as a vm on my phone? Thanks!
    09-06-11 02:51 AM
    The good news is that the 2 messages I was getting are no longer there. Once again thankyou for all your help

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD