Like I said before, It's not email bombs only, but also crash networks flooded by thousands of terrabyte data transfers from every big node network around the world to our servers. I cannot give you any deep information since I myself is not one of the IT Team. Got the explanation from the IT manager since we are friend many years ago (when overclocking competition firstly held in our country)
    Sounds like he didn't explain it well. Or your network infrastructure is built out of popsicle sticks.
    10-23-12 09:08 PM
    I don't like rumors or gossip but my wife works at one of the top 3 banks in the US, no joke, and they are BB all the way....She just got an upgrade and her choices were all BB......My neighbor is a Manhattan trader, we talked just this past weekend, he said, BB has time but not much and he carries a BB for work and an iPhone for pleasure.....BTW, his iPhone just imploded all his data......HAHAHAHA
    I fixed that for you, since I presume you actually aren't an uneducated 10 year old fanboy and would like people to take your posts seriously.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    10-23-12 09:25 PM
    I'm aware of NDA agreements ... and now since I've attended today's BB10Jam Enterprise Tour in Toronto i'm VERY impressed and looking forward to BES 10 Enterprise ... BBX is dead. I'm also quite impressed that their internal developers are VERY prepared for anything asked and delivered examples on the fly!

I still do NOT see BES10 being fully used in a PRODUCTION corporate environment vs a Live Trial environment for ANY business regardless of NDA; too many change requests, ID changes, new policy's to test out for a specific team documentation is NOT fully ready yet. A smart organization would NEVER trust a reliable production server to a test server software especially when SQL db's are involved. Also take note that BES does NOT have to be on the same server as the host DC/Exchange or Domino server either and virtualization, although very capable before, is FULLY 100% supported and advised now.

more to come on this.
    10-23-12 10:42 PM
    There are 3 main issues with RIM regarding enterprise.
    1. The 2 stage roll-out:
    using Mobile Fusion as a first step to allow for BB10 (smartphone/playbook) MDM management. This was due to RIM having dual PIN's for 1 user not being capable! The second stage is for BES10 to be an upgrade to Mobile Fusion.

2. COST:
    Lots of enteprises will have a "serious" (my blog seriousmobile) crunch on budgets per department this upcoming quarter (usually December - March: Banks in Canada have an April starting new year budget). Corporations already have a paid BES server license (most likely several for various domains/locations regions - BMO has over 12 in total to service just Canada & Harris Bank). Now add to that budget cost Mobile Fusion, and there is no word on pricing for BES 10 Enterprise. Hmm.

3. BES 10 release date is in Q2/3 of 2013 time frame ... NOT an ideal release. To be honest RIM should've build BES10 to full replace Mobile Fusion (which it really is; but its an add-on replacement), and charge nothing to existing BES 5 licensee's for Mobile Fusion ... a major goodwill gesture as it were.

COST will be the killer issue ... let's not forget iOS7 and Android 5 will be released shortly after summer 2013 and "MAY" have some major changes to performance and security ... it remains to be seen to be honest. I want BB10 to thrive and succeed but COST from the bottom to the top will be the deciding factor. That IT rep gal does NOT pay the bills from the sounds of it, and its only 1 person's findings being reported. I'd like to hear from that banks CIO, their Exchange Administrator, and their BES Administrator, along with say a few high-profile executives that full USE BB10 after deployment to get the real monty on the platform.
    Let me clear the air about BES 10 release date. A fully functional BES 10 will be released with the initial BB10 release. A major upgrade is planned for Q2/Q3, but you'll have still have BES 10 available at launch.

A few other things (that BES 10 will support at launch):

You'll be able to upgrade from mobile fusion to BES 10.
    BES 10 WILL have support for multiple devices per user.
    10-23-12 11:14 PM
    @ Jagga, Mobile Fusion is already used in production. So how do you not see it as BES 10 can't be used in production? BES 10 is like a service pack upgrade to the current MF suite solution.
    10-23-12 11:15 PM
    Sounds like he didn't explain it well. Or your network infrastructure is built out of popsicle sticks.
    Or the friend was just spinning him a yarn, cause the whole story doesn't sound very credible.
    (A jail broken iPad causes the network to be down for one month. Suuuure...)
    10-23-12 11:47 PM
106 ... 345