I have a Tour 9630 and was using googlesync. All was well until I deleted my gmail from the bis and then it selected sync contacts. Then all of a sudden one day i noticed its quadruplicated or 5 or 6 or even 12 in some cases all of my contacts. i went from 425(ish) to like 1480 something. then on top of that when i went in to google and merged the contacts to fix it, it merged the wrong info for a lot of them so tons of them were wrong. Then it quadruplicated them again. I had to remove googlesynce, uncheck back up contacts in the biz. fiz/delete all the extras on my phone and maunally do the same for my google account. Anyone have any ideas or comments. i have everything fixed NOW. but am scared to reinstall googlesync again. if i do i will export all my existing contacts out of google to a .csv file but just wanted some feed back and see who else is victim. As a side note, everything was fine to i made changes in the biz.
    03-09-10 11:47 AM
    go to manage email > your google account > sync options > and un check contacts... that will prevent it from making more babies.
    03-09-10 12:07 PM
    yeahthats what i had to do to get it to stop but, i am still scared.

I swear, as God as my witness, if i reinstall googlesync and it happens again i will throught this m'effin thing in to the middle of Germatown Parkway at 5:30 pm on a friday in the rain with green light and a chance of hail, just to make sure it gets properly destroyed

I have spent over FOUR hours cleaning everything up and fixing it
    03-09-10 12:18 PM
    i used Desktop Manager to clean out my phone, then deleted everything (duplicate wise) online via google and re sync'd and it came back to life w/ no problems yet.
    03-09-10 12:26 PM
    Hey guys....I too am having issues with google sync. I use it to coordinate my schedule with my wife's schedule. when she puts in an appointment online it isn't coming to my bb. I am a little new to google sync...I got my 9550 two weeks ago and have been having problems pretty much since I started. I had everthing sync'd with my bb last week, but since then none of the appointments are showing up on my bb. What am I missing?
    03-09-10 06:51 PM
    i think you have to make google your default calendar on your device thought settings once in the cal
    03-12-10 09:55 AM
    check that.... open calendar menu>options>highlight gmail address and select it> say yes to wireless synchronization and save changes
    03-12-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD