I like having a separate number I can give out to certain people, but I hate that the LED does NOT flash and it does NOT make a sound when a new SMS or VM arrives! There is an option in the sound profile, but it simply does not work.

The app is also a real stinker. Not only does it not push your messages, but when you reply, the typical text features do not work. You have to capitalize the first letter of each sentence, can't spell cant and have it automatically spell it as can't. Can't hit space bar a couple times to do a period and start a new sentence. It just flat out blows.

I don't like the thought of having it notify me via SMS to my regular account either when I get something. I just want to keep Google Voice things separate. Why doesn't an app from such a great company work better?

Any fixes that you know of? I've already got the latest version.
    11-09-09 10:34 PM
    updated the title... please watch those (even if they're asterisks).
    11-09-09 10:48 PM
    updated the title... please watch those (even if they're asterisks).
    Seriously? The word that is the opposite of "Heaven"? It even put **** instead of the word, but that's bad too? Wow.
    11-09-09 10:54 PM
    you can do what i do and have google voice send you an email for every SMS that you get...if you have that email linked to your bb then it will notify you just like a normal email would
    11-09-09 11:01 PM
    you can do what i do and have google voice send you an email for every SMS that you get...if you have that email linked to your bb then it will notify you just like a normal email would
    I appreciate that. I've actually seen that feature, but it just creates more clutter- you know? I now have to read an email and delete it, and then go do the same with the SMS. Much more efficient to just have the app blink and make a sound like it is supposed to, and then go take a look at the SMS or VM.
    11-09-09 11:05 PM
    well i can't post a link since i'm new at posting i guess but i'll priv msg you a link to show you my settings and how i get no sms but purely email for all my gv sms
    11-09-09 11:32 PM
    lol apparently i can't send a priv msg either. ok well here is how mine is set up

Voicemail Notifications
    Alert me when I have new voicemails
    [-CHECKED-] Email the message to: BB EMAIL
    Send a text (SMS) message to:
    [-UNCHECKED-] Mobile

[-CHECKED-] Forward SMS messages to my email: BB EMAIL
    11-09-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD