I don't get why people don't use their own home cloud. Most have a pc with plenty of space un used in them.
    Because convinience. Setting up and maintaining your own "cloud" is not easy. Also you must back-up everything from time to time. 3rd party cloud do this already automatically

Also most apps already have cloud saving programmed in them and can't be changed. As a dev, it would be a nightmare to allow all apps to choose their cloud provider and it is not consumer friendly at all.
    09-15-15 01:31 PM
    Because convinience. Setting up and maintaining your own "cloud" is not easy. Also you must back-up everything from time to time. 3rd party cloud do this already automatically

Also most apps already have cloud saving programmed in them and can't be changed. As a dev, it would be a nightmare to allow all apps to choose their cloud provider and it is not consumer friendly at all.
    I know. It's too much work to move files yourself to where you want them for most. Wouldn't need a dev to do it but ease over everything else for most. Nuffin wrong with that.
    09-15-15 01:33 PM
    Love sheep. It's been pushing towards that direction for awhile. They cloud is so unsafe, so easily accessed, so continuously track. Nobody takes the NSA as seriously as they should. They didn't build a 4 billion dollar data center in Utah for the fun of it. They didn't build data fusion centers around the US for the fun of it. They didn't have backdoors included into every operating system in everything electronic thing we use the fun of it.
    There's too much to cover that 80% of the population doesn't know. Nobody follows politics so they know nothing of nothing while claiming to know everything about everything. So I have a tin foil hat because I pay attention, maybe you should a dunce hat for not paying attention.
    Being a conspiracy theorist is like being the nerdy kid in school everyone picked on for paying attention and knowing the answers. Not mad at ya'll, I've come to expect it from society.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    Last edited by kgbbz10; 09-15-15 at 02:00 PM.
    09-15-15 01:39 PM
    I know. It's too much work to move files yourself to where you want them for most. Wouldn't need a dev to do it but ease over everything else for most. Nuffin wrong with that.
    The thing is the standard has been set for apps to do automatic cloud backups when needed. Not all apps need to do that. It's like all the workarounds we here at CB do to get apps with snap and cobalt's patches. The standard set by iOS and Android is to have these apps available at a touch away, and "our way" is clearly inferior.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 01:39 PM
    Google wants people back on the Web because that is where they can make the most off of them with their ad focused model. Apps can be made to access their services that don't push through the ads. Apps are not going anywhere. They are far more efficient on mobile devices that have varying screen sizes, computing power, etc. Even PC's and Macs run apps for office and email applications.

Posted via Z30

It's even easier to install plug-ins that block ads on Web pages.

As far as apps versus Web pages, it's just a matter of time before something like HTML 6 or 7 provides all the device support required for a full app-like experience in a phone Web browser.

HTML 5 already supports things like the ability to create local storage on the user's PC or phone, access to location data, the ability to handle screens of almost any size (e.g.: so-called "responsive" Web pages), and go full screen.

The problem is that it takes ***forever*** for new HTML standards to be accepted and supported by all browsers (it took 8 years to define and standardize HTML 5!!).

In the meantime, everyone else is having fun with awesome native apps.

So while I'm certain Web apps will eventually replace native apps, BlackBerry simply doesn't have the time to wait until this happens.

Posted via CB10

Update: iOS 9 is leading the way now, and advertisers are up in arms... :-)

(that probably means, App-le is loving and will want to keep the App way of doing things...)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-15-15 06:43 PM
    Hence my comments that app developers will be soon gone in another post. Technology is constantly changing and what is the "trend " today often in a few months or years is prehistoric in the future.

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    09-16-15 08:08 AM
    When.
    01-08-17 05:08 PM
32 12