It looks pretty interesting to me. Wish someone had an extra invite they wanted to share ;-)
    06-30-11 09:43 PM
    It looks pretty interesting to me. Wish someone had an extra invite they wanted to share ;-)
    See what I mean? They are doing it wrong again, just like they did to Wave.

Social networks, IM apps, Colaboration platforms: They only work if you can have loads of people in ASAP. It took me months to get enough people into Google Wave... and by then... Google itself had lost interest in the thing.

And people bash RIM...
    06-30-11 09:51 PM
    PM me an email (preferably Gmail). There are some backdoor invite methods that are working.
    06-30-11 10:36 PM
    google+ can take on facebook, i don't care how many users facebook has, it isn't untouchable, and to assume so is crazy. nothing lasts forever, it offers a myriad of features that facebook doesn't ad quite honestly is pretty f'n fantastic.
    06-30-11 11:20 PM
    See what I mean? They are doing it wrong again, just like they did to Wave.

Social networks, IM apps, Colaboration platforms: They only work if you can have loads of people in ASAP. It took me months to get enough people into Google Wave... and by then... Google itself had lost interest in the thing.

And people bash RIM...
    this is very very different than wave, they aren't comparable, google is selling 500k phones a day, it'll open up for all very soon, i understand how you can think it's the same thing, but once you use it facebook will seem ancient.
    06-30-11 11:21 PM
    this is very very different than wave, they aren't comparable, google is selling 500k phones a day, it'll open up for all very soon, i understand how you can think it's the same thing, but once you use it facebook will seem ancient.
    Services are different? Yes. Deployment is different? No.

Invitation deployment killed Google Wave. If it was "come one, come all" it would have worked a lot better on the early days anc could have been the hit Google (and I) wanted it to be.

Pay attention to the posts will you? I never said Facebook = Wave or +.

So many phones.... And Buzz/Wave are still... Marginal. See the point now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 12:32 AM
    I got a Google Wave feeling about this...

well so far adoption of google+ has already exceeded what wave ever did as a whole, and it just launched what? 2 days ago

you most certainly did make a comparison to wave

i'm paying perfect attention, you're commenting on a network you haven't used, my point was that facebook feels old after using google+ and with android's marketshare what it is, and google in a position now to implement a tool like this, i think adoption will come in WAVES
    Last edited by katiepea; 07-01-11 at 12:46 AM.
    07-01-11 12:43 AM
    Well if you have an invitation code, send it my way. I never ment I want it to fail and no I didn't compare the services, you're not paying attention, I compared the outcome of said deployment decision on Google Wave.

Completely different.

Facebook feels old every 3 months or so. And then they release a new facelift. ANYTHING would feel fresher. Specialy something that is that deeply integrated with other Google Services.

Again, it is a social network and everything social works better with open-beta deployment than restricted invitation based models. It's like they say "the more the merrier".

I don't see Google as an enemy. I gave SkyNet access to much of my info already...
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-01-11 at 09:25 AM.
    07-01-11 09:23 AM
    I don't think it's copying RIM at all, but I do think that Google+ is a cheap ripoff of Facebook. I tried it for like 10 minutes and got bored of it instantly and deleted my account.
    In my best Dr. Evil font: Rrrrrriiiiiiiiggggghhhtt

07-02-11 01:11 AM
    I don't think it's copying RIM at all, but I do think that Google+ is a cheap ripoff of Facebook. I tried it for like 10 minutes and got bored of it instantly and deleted my account.
    Hahahaha no

07-02-11 01:30 AM
    Hooray!!! Another reason not to talk to people face to face. Its all good though its just my opinion. Don't be mad at my reply but if you are just post how mad you are on facebook.

07-02-11 05:16 AM
    Some people have friends in other parts of the country and globe, guess you dont

07-02-11 05:19 AM
    Some people have friends in other parts of the country and globe, guess you dont

your guess is wrong actually but that's ok. I was just messing with you btw no need to get defensive.

07-02-11 08:16 AM
    Google+ got people buzzing I think this time Google may put Facebook on the ropes with this one...remember MySpace killed black-planet, Facebook gave MySpace a slow death, so maybe there a swan song for Facebook. One last thing I hope rim is on the ball and get a app out for Google+
    07-02-11 10:12 AM
    One last thing I hope rim is on the ball and get a app out for Google+
    Probably only after Apple and Android and maybe even Windows phone have one
    howarmat, jaycee58 and Nikeem24 like this.
    07-02-11 11:54 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD