Any one else feels that Google+ social platform is copying RIM's BBM social platform?
    ask me why:

Key features include Circles, which allow you to group contacts together in various social circles and share things only with the particular circles you chose;
    to me it's BB Groups concept being stolen.

as once said...let them copy, it only proves that BB is a solid device.
    UnknownError507 likes this.
    06-28-11 03:34 PM
    I just came from my Social Google it look good and yes i agree with you 100% is something similar to BBM social platform.
    06-28-11 04:14 PM
    Are they tryin another social network now? How many failed ones before they give up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:20 PM
    Any one else feels that Google+ social platform is copying RIM's BBM social platform?
    ask me why:

Key features include Circles, which allow you to group contacts together in various social circles and share things only with the particular circles you chose;
    to me it's BB Groups concept being stolen.

as once said...let them copy, it only proves that BB is a solid device.
    BBM was hardly the first to use the Groups concept in conjunction with messaging and contacts.
    06-28-11 06:18 PM
    If it's successful it doesn't matter who was the first the rest will tweak and copy. It isn't a bad thing.
    06-28-11 07:04 PM
    it will fail
    fb 750 million users

something called "google+" supposed to rival facebook?
    not gonna happen
    06-28-11 07:18 PM
    i see it as a facebook type thing too. not really like RIMs BBM platform and such. This will have way more features i would assume
    06-28-11 07:30 PM
    Are they tryin another social network now? How many failed ones before they give up?

A wise man once said, if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. Lol.

belfastdispatcher likes this.
    06-28-11 07:33 PM
    A wise man once said, if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. Lol.
    Indeed a very nice quote , About the future of social networking, well social network tools have emerged as great profit makers and every organization who has some money to spend, would try in this field.
    06-29-11 04:49 AM
    Indeed a very nice quote , About the future of social networking, well social network tools have emerged as great profit makers and every organization who has some money to spend, would try in this field.
    06-29-11 04:59 AM
    I heard of this on the toronto star website, the mobile one that is. I love reading the news on my blackberry.
    Whoever says it'll fail right then and there, why not give it a chance instead?
    06-29-11 07:15 AM
    BBM was hardly the first to use the Groups concept in conjunction with messaging and contacts.

Shhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let it be...
    06-29-11 12:45 PM
    I would really love to try Google+ out. Did you Guys are already in? How does one get invited?
    06-30-11 09:04 AM
    I would really love to try Google+ out. Did you Guys are already in? How does one get invited?
    You sign up at https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googleplus/
    06-30-11 09:49 AM
    I think it will be a lot more interesting then Facebook!
    06-30-11 09:55 AM
    I don't think it's copying RIM at all, but I do think that Google+ is a cheap ripoff of Facebook. I tried it for like 10 minutes and got bored of it instantly and deleted my account.
    06-30-11 11:55 AM
    What looks the most interesting to me is that Google+, while being touted as a social network like Facebook, it appears to be more focused on messaging and communication. What remains to be seen is how quickly they deploy mobile apps to all the various platforms.
    06-30-11 12:00 PM
    Didn't some people feel that Facebook was a rip off of MySpace? Is my space still around?

06-30-11 12:03 PM
    I got a Google Wave feeling about this...
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    06-30-11 12:06 PM
    Didn't some people feel that Facebook was a rip off of MySpace? Is my space still around?

technically, yes. but Google+ will lose steam and it will end up going the same direction as Google Buzz.
    06-30-11 12:07 PM
    technically, yes. but Google+ will lose steam and it will end up going the same direction as Google Buzz.
    You're probably right, but rim felt that way about the iPhone too.

Changes happen quickly in tech.

anon(3733516) likes this.
    06-30-11 12:10 PM
    I got a Google Wave feeling about this...

Isn't it more of a Buzz feeling? :P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-30-11 01:27 PM
    You're probably right, but rim felt that way about the iPhone too.

Changes happen quickly in tech.

Orkut, google wave, google buzz, all failed, sometimes they need to know when to give up.

06-30-11 01:47 PM
    On myspace, this is all I have to say:

YouTube - The Death of MySpace: SuperNews!

Isn't it more of a Buzz feeling? :P
    No, not really. Buzz is weak and strange, but it works on its own and I can see people still using it, even if just a bunch with very tight networks.

Google Wave was an awesome project (which I loved) that never gained any traction. I have a feeling the traction issue might hit Plus as well.

We all already have Facebook, for crying out loud. Why another one?

Orkut, google wave, google buzz, all failed, sometimes they need to know when to give up.
    Orkut is insanely strong in Brasil. It's not going anywhere anytime soon... sadly. ��
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-01-11 at 09:31 AM.
    06-30-11 02:17 PM
    Okay... I admit: it seems interesting... Just got the invite.
    06-30-11 08:19 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD