I don't have a data plan and neither does my friend, but his google maps can run on his itouch while mine can't run on my blackberry, why?
    02-07-09 01:33 PM
    I do not have much experience with the iPhone, but BlackBerrys require a data plan to use Google Maps. Perhaps, the iPhone will allow the use of Google Maps over Wi-Fi Only. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    02-07-09 01:54 PM
    Big reason is if they allowed that, many people would not buy data plans. Wifi is meant to be a added feature on BB's and not a way out of buying data plans. Also, google maps will not do you much good when you out and about if you cant get wifi anyways.
    02-07-09 01:55 PM
    then how does the itouch overome that? is there another way?
    02-07-09 03:13 PM
    Google maps require data only for the first time you start running the app. After that, you can use wifi. I first downloaded Google maps while roaming and had my data turned off while roaming, and I couldn't start the app until I allowed data. Once it loaded, I switched it back and it worked only using wifi. I had a small charge on my phone bill for a bit of roaming data, but it was only a few dollars.
    02-07-09 11:28 PM
    What do you mean first time? Like one time only or everytime I open/close the program? Thanks!
    02-08-09 11:53 AM
    WHat is data plan? noob in all these terms and noob in blackberry too.
    02-14-09 04:53 AM
    then how does the itouch overome that? is there another way?
    What's an itouch??
    02-17-09 02:12 AM
    I meant iphone. Itouch is an iphone without the phone feature

'Google maps require data only for the first time you start running the app. After that, you can use wifi. I first downloaded Google maps while roaming and had my data turned off while roaming, and I couldn't start the app until I allowed data. Once it loaded, I switched it back and it worked only using wifi. I had a small charge on my phone bill for a bit of roaming data, but it was only a few dollars. '

Does it work with Rogers? Does it work only one time or everytime I open/close the program?
    03-01-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD