Didn't see this posted, so if I missed it, please forgive me.

googlemobile.blogspot.com/2009/02/google-maps-on-verizons-blackberry.html]Official Google Mobile Blog: Google Maps on Verizon's BlackBerry Storm now uses GPS for My Location

I saw this and thought I'd share. I've installed the latest version and tested it, it's working like a champ.

From the article:
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:38 AM
    If you own a BlackBerry Storm on Verizon Wireless, we encourage you to download a brand new version of Google Maps for mobile that utilizes the Storm's internal GPS. The Storm is the first Verizon BlackBerry that makes it possible for My Location to access GPS location. After you install the new version on your Storm, you will notice improved accuracy for My Location and Latitude. Based on interest in certain Google Mobile User Forum threads, this functionality should be a welcome addition.

So if you have a Verizon BlackBerry Storm, just go to m.google.com/maps from your BlackBerry's browser to download the latest version of Google Maps to your device - and start getting hyper-accurate!
    02-24-09 11:09 AM
    I'll let it slide...THIS TIME!
    02-24-09 11:11 AM
    We forgive u!
    02-24-09 11:13 AM
    Sorry, after being excited about it, I wanted to share. I did some more digging and am now going to go bury my head in the sand as I found the posts. (holy crap these forums stay busy)
    02-24-09 11:13 AM
    (holy crap these forums stay busy)
    What is this thing you refer to as... "sleep"?
    02-24-09 11:15 AM
    We've landed on the moon!

(had to be done)
    02-24-09 11:16 AM
    Don't let them get to you. I for one can't see why people love GMM over Poynt.
    02-24-09 12:05 PM
    I love GMM over point. Street view is cool. (Not very useful, but cool)

I have used Poynt, but was not a big fan.

What features does Poynt have over GMM that makes you like it better? (Beside the movie times)
    02-24-09 12:57 PM
    I love GMM over point. Street view is cool. (Not very useful, but cool)

I have used Poynt, but was not a big fan.

What features does Poynt have over GMM that makes you like it better? (Beside the movie times)
    It's a lot more accurate. when asked for a gas station, google maps took me to one that was not even close and had it as the wrong brand name. google also had it about .5 miles off and in the middle of the road. Poynt found everything and knew where they were.
    02-24-09 01:08 PM
    Have never experienced anything but accuracy from GMM, especially now that GPS is enabled.
    02-24-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD