I just upgraded to a Curve 8530 and whenever I go to Google Maps and ask it to find my location it fails. It points to my location as an apartment I used to live at.

Is there some setting I have turned off or not set correctly?

Any help would be great!

--Nick
    Last edited by ndaggers; 01-02-10 at 11:25 AM.
    01-02-10 11:15 AM
    01-02-10 11:36 AM
    I just upgraded to a Curve 8530 and whenever I go to Google Maps and ask it to find my location it fails. It points to my location as an apartment I used to live at.

Is there some setting I have turned off or not set correctly?

Any help would be great!

--Nick
    First, are you using the BB app for Google Maps or are you doing it from a browser? You should be using the app. To make sure your GPS is turned on, in your BB, go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS and set GPS Services to Location On. When you open up the Google Maps app and press 0 on your keyboard, it should say, "Your location within "x" meters.". If it is about 10 meters or less, then the GPS is working. If it is hundreds or thousands of meters, it's not GPS, it's locating you based on the nearest cell tower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:36 AM
    Oops, sorry. We posted simultaneously.

01-02-10 11:38 AM
    Thanks so much! It is a problem with the wifi in my apartment. My linksys box must think it is in my old apartment still. Once I turned off the wifi it found me via the cell...

Thanks again!
    01-02-10 12:08 PM
    I have GPS enabled on my Tour, but google maps is never able to pinpoint me within less than 100 meters. BB maps is accurate within about 10 feet. Google is just cool for their street view option.

01-14-10 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD