does google maps use wifi or does it use black berry data?

*note...say i'm at a location with a wifi signal
    11-25-08 09:07 PM
    It can use either.
    11-25-08 09:12 PM
    It can use either.
    That was news to me, so I did a little forum searching and found this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/bla...se-wifi-29376/

Google Maps works on wifi if you also have a data plan seems to be the conclusion in the referenced thread. Is that correct?
    11-25-08 11:19 PM
    I've never been without a data plan to confirm this, but I have used it over wifi.
    11-25-08 11:25 PM
    That's good to know. Most of the people I've dealt with in the forums were wanting to use wifi to avoid the cost of a data plan, and were mostly unsuccessful. That's why I didn't realize it could work with wifi. I've never had wifi on a BlackBerry, and never not had a data plan, so I can't fully confirm it either.
    11-25-08 11:32 PM
    That's good to know. Most of the people I've dealt with in the forums were wanting to use wifi to avoid the cost of a data plan, and were mostly unsuccessful. That's why I didn't realize it could work with wifi. I've never had wifi on a BlackBerry, and never not had a data plan, so I can't fully confirm it either.
    Data plan or blackberry plan?

The reason I ask is I thought google apps didn't use BIS/BES at all, but instead needed TCP/APN to be set?

Although do they just use service book info if/when available?
    11-25-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD